Rating - 0%
0   0   0

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have. The writeup is based on PAR readings. I'm referring to spectrometers. Not the same thing.
he mentioned having two spectrometers on that post. was hoping he'd chime in, or at least point you in his direction. i guess you don't need intensity data?

OP
OP
AKReefing

AKReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the UV chart. It appears the Spectryx drops off somewhere just below 400nm.
1706751505520.png

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess nobody owns one?
Your purchase is practically a "one of" type buy. Unlikely any or few ever saw the original. The one thing that keeps coming up is it "was" for sale at one time at Amazon.... Singapore.
Seems the site was around for about 1 year..

2 yeas ago test..
spectryx.JPG

Interesting enough the MFMP is/was a site dedicated to investigate " cold fusion".

Last edited:
OP
OP
AKReefing

AKReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your purchase is practically a "one of" type buy. Unlikely any or few ever saw the original. The one thing that keeps coming up is it "was" for sale at one time at Amazon.... Singapore.
Seems the site was around for about 1 year..

2 yeas ago test..
spectryx.JPG

Interesting enough the MFMP is/was a site dedicated to investigate " cold fusion".

Wrong model. Look for Spectryx blue. See here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/trying-out-a-new-spectrometer.1028010/

OP
OP
AKReefing

AKReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea .. same thing though. Probably around for maybe a year...and gone
Screenshot_20240209-112627.png
Odd, since I bought mine from the only supplier within the past month. They're in the US (California), and that's where it shipped from. I didn't order it from the Hong Kong eBay site. Would you like me to provide the USPS tracking info? Maybe my purchase receipt?

Wouldn't you rather contribute your experiences with your spectrometer(s) instead of turning this into a "hit piece"?

Last edited:

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd, since I bought mine from the only supplier within the past month. They're in the US (California), and that's where it shipped from. I didn't order it from the Hong Kong eBay site. Would you like me to provide the USPS tracking info? Maybe my purchase receipt?

Wouldn't you rather contribute your experiences with your spectrometer(s) instead of turning this into a "hit piece"?
It's not a hit piece.. My current experience is it isn't a current product.
Seems quite adequate.
Also seems unavailable. Could be wrong.
I bought a Thunder Optics spectrometer from France awhile ago.
Using this software:

It was adequate for my purposes.

OP
OP
AKReefing

AKReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a hit piece.. My current experience is it isn't a current product.
Seems quite adequate.
Also seems unavailable. Could be wrong.
I bought a Thunder Optics spectrometer from France awhile ago.
Using this software:

It was adequate for my purposes.
I contacted the seller. Waiting for their response. Based on previous messages, they've got more coming. Apparently, they're both manufacturer and seller. If they're all calibrated the same they should be an affordable option.

LeDart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use the Hanna Instruments HI97115, it is awesome, $450 well spent. I love it, it works like a charm, has an app so I can track my readings, and creates a chart of those readings. Ever since I started testing weekly with it, my tank's health has never been better, My Acropora Tenuis have even started to show better, more vibrant colors, and I am able to notice growth from November to now.

edit: I just realized y'all are talking about spectrometers, and not photometers... sorry.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back