Spider sponge question

  • Thread starter Thread starter ou12004
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ou12004

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
426
Reaction score
281
Location
Austin, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a way to anchor a spider sponge fragged off of a larger piece. I am not sure if I could glue it or maybe sew it on to a rock. Any suggestions are welcome.
 
Don't know if it is ok to glue them or not. I shoved mine down into a deep crack in an old LPS skeleton and kept checking it to make sure it did not fall out. I was told they take a long time to attach if you put them tightly into a hole in live rock but will eventually grow into it.
 
i would think using a netting over top of them to hold down to the rock would be best, other than sewing down. like you do soft corals to get attach. just enough pressure to hold them in place... another thought would be some rocks and a bowl and set in it to keep current level down on it so it doesnt blow around
 
Don't know if it is ok to glue them or not. I shoved mine down into a deep crack in an old LPS skeleton and kept checking it to make sure it did not fall out. I was told they take a long time to attach if you put them tightly into a hole in live rock but will eventually grow into it.
Do you have a spider coral? If you do what do you feed it and how often?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new