Sponges in a Bottle

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
383
Reaction score
744
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I was wondering if fellow reefers can contribute to this question - What Sponge-in-a-Bottle can we buy to increase our sponge variety in a reef rank?

I currently use Zeovit Sponge Power and the sponge life has really taken off in my tank.

I would like to add to the variety of sponges in my tank.

So far I can see what I believe is 5 varieties in my tank (going by colour and form).

Thanks
 
Thanks. The site only ships to the US, I am in the UK.
 
Always wanted to give sponge power a shot but it's sooo expensive
 
Yes it is, but I feel the benefits outweigh the cost.

plus when you start to see the sponge growth you can cut down on dosage.
I now dose half recommended daily quantity.

besides the sponges will multiply, assuming there is enough food in the tank.
 
Yes it is, but I feel the benefits outweigh the cost.

plus when you start to see the sponge growth you can cut down on dosage.
I now dose half recommended daily quantity.

besides the sponges will multiply, assuming there is enough food in the tank.



I am fortunate to have a source of ornamental sponges from the Gulf of Mexico, which is nutrient rich in diversity. Sponges need silicates and I am also fortunate that my ground water makeup is saturated with silicates and alkalinity as it was an ancient inland sea. It has been my observation that sponges feed on bacteria. I have had good results feeding live bivales to tank. Live gut cavity bacteria are an excellent food for sponges.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new