Spotlight on the Neptune Systems ATK | BRStv

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by randyBRS, Dec 5, 2017.

1. randyBRS

randyBRS BRStv Apprentice :-P R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hey R2R!

We've got a new Spotlight for you today and in this one, we dive a bit deeper into the Neptune Auto Top Off Kit or ATK than we have done on previous videos! Check out as we explore what it can do, how to set it up and ways to keep it running for the long haul. :)

Jongalt26 and MaiReef like this.
    Tags:

2. MaiReef

MaiReef Well-Known Member

Love it

randyBRS likes this.
  3. miPapareef

miPapareef Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2018

Is anyone besides me considering one for the Christmas tree?

Seriously, after topping off the water in the tree stand every day this week, I can’t get this idea out of my head.

Bulk Reef Supply, randyBRS and siggy like this.
  4. Salty1962

Salty1962 Wrasse and SPS Lover R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I just got mine, early Christmas:), and I love it. Going to use one of the leftover FMM ports to hook up an ATO low water optical level sensor.

Bulk Reef Supply and randyBRS like this.
  5. Newb73

Newb73 Well-Known Member Partner Member 2018

I wanted an extra FMM anyway so with the black friday sale i snagged an ATK.

I installed it as an ATO control and ended up with an extra PMUP and 24v power supply (not bad for just and extra $50 over an FMM).

If/when my Tunze ever fails, i could grab this and put it to work as am ATO in a pinch.....but realistically what i would do is grab that extra pmup and run it straight off of some extra optical sensors and float switches i already have installed as hi/lo sensors in my sump (would only require throwing the pmup in the resovoir and spending 5 minutes writing commands in fusion).

The fact is, i run a 10 Gal Resovoir on a 265g system.

The risk of an ATO flood from my RO/DI is way more than the risk of something bad happening from an extra 10g of water into my main system.

Here are pics of what i did. You can figure it out.

Fist optical sensor shuts solenoid, second one triggers audible alarm and sends me a text. Float is a back up.

Leak detectors on floor will also shut solenoids.

Also installed a low sensor to shut off tunze and trigger the audible "chirp"

Edit...i went ahead and added code to also have the second sensor try again at shutting the solenoid if it triggers....you know..in case the first on fails. (Did that after i posted so you don't see the code).

Amyway, here it is.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. TheHarold

TheHarold Well-Known Member

I use a float switch and breakout- under $10 for ATO ;)

7. Newb73

Newb73 Well-Known Member Partner Member 2018

I have one set up that way in a smaller tank that only has a 5g resovoir .

What kind of pump though? My home made one runs a pmup....because i didn't want to take a spot on any of my EB8s and had an available 24v port i wasn't using on a WAV 1link. So....not under $10.

Word to the wise....install a secondary high level float switch to kill the pump in case the first one fails. You'll thank me later.

8. TheHarold

TheHarold Well-Known Member

Yeah I have three float switches in the sump- "SumpLow", "ATO", and "SumpHigh". All with the appropriate corresponding alarm and action.

This 12v pump works great for me, I have the ATO reservoir in a room behind the tank. Drilled a little hole in the wall for the tubing and power to the pump. About 4 feet horizontal run and 2-3 feet vertical.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Quie...045501&hash=item1ec10a451c:g:5EQAAOSwjOdZaenh

ATO
    12v power supply- free, old cell phone. Connect to apex outlet.
    Pump $6.99
    3 float switch: $3

The breakout:
    $.99 Terminal Block
    8 MiniDin: free from old printer or $2.50 ebay

randyBRS and Newb73 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted