Sps bleach? Types of sps?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GSnake
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GSnake

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
642
Reaction score
266
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe some are easier to keep than others. Thise Aussie millipora, and Aussie spathulata are not doing really well. Maybe Indos are easier, for this species at least?
Nitrate 3ppm or less
Alk 8.5 usually ( have not tested during 12hr top off water kalk drip)
Cal 430
Mg 1380
Ph 8.2-8.4
Phos.. no test but no algae growth in tank, using chaeto and rodi.

My other sps are not doing bad. And more branches since I started kalk too! I'd like to get a nice frag ... But need more confidence before I splurge [emoji3]

Lights are blue on 10am. White on 12. White off 7pm. Blue off 10pm. Then moonlights (5 led) till 4am.
IMG_20190619_161132.jpeg
IMG_20190619_161145.jpeg
IMG_20190619_161156.jpeg
IMG_20190619_161257.jpeg
IMG_20190619_161334.jpeg
 
Something must have swung to cause rtn like that.
 
If your not testing po4 at the proper range for sps, your success will be limited and no diagnosis can be relied upon as valid. Algea is not a po4 indicator. My po4 is at .06 -.08 and I have little to no algea. Low po4 can be worse than high po4.
 
I also suspect flow being an issue based on the appearance of other corals in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new