Sps coral

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just notice this on one of my corals. Not sure if it is or not. But I am quit worried now. Any help would be great. TIA
361B9BA6-7318-416A-93F4-1BD0CE781228.png
FC997E12-5F8A-426D-99F6-69C0C9AB054C.jpeg

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you dip your corals? Also do you have any wrasses or predators that would eat it?

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Even if u dipped, the dip would not kill any eggs. Would have to do a visual inspection w magnification then scraping or brush and plug remount covering the base w a gel based glue.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many nudibranches and each only eat one specific thing. If you found it on a monti it probably a a monti eating nudi. Any natural predator at best is going to keep them in check.

Research potassium permanganate as a dip. It is very stressful to the coral but has been shown to kill the eggs at proper dosage. I tested it for the first time tonight on a trade someone brought to me that I had in a QT and found it had them so I hope to have firsthand knowledge of how successful it is soon.

OP
OP
F

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many nudibranches and each only eat one specific thing. If you found it on a monti it probably a a monti eating nudi. Any natural predator at best is going to keep them in check.

Research potassium permanganate as a dip. It is very stressful to the coral but has been shown to kill the eggs at proper dosage. I tested it for the first time tonight on a trade someone brought to me that I had in a QT and found it had them so I hope to have firsthand knowledge of how successful it is soon.
I believe it was a superman montipora digitata. What predators keep stuff like this in check?

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it was a superman montipora digitata. What predators keep stuff like this in check?
I agree with @HudsonReefer2.0 in regards to the wrasses being a good bet(but no guarantee and unlikely to completely iradicate an established population). I have seen reports that hermit crabs eat the eggs. Quite a few years ago I tried it with a variety of crabs and had zero success so at least in my experience that did not work but I mention in case you want to research it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Melanurus may but most wrasses which eat flatworms yes likely wont go after nudi's. especially since they are active at night.
You will have to dip or siphon with a 3/8" tube as you see them. The bigger obstacle you will face is eggs which are often well hidden and very tiny. They will have to scraped off outside the tank as dip has No effect on eggs. Coral RX does a good job on them

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back