SPS flow help

onetootreefor

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2014
Messages
505
Reaction score
228
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

My waterbox 130.4 is finally ready to start transferring my high end acros from my old tank.

I have had 2x mp40s on either side of the 4 foot tank but for my birthday I was recently gifted 2x xf330 gyres.

I currently have the gyres on either side of the center overflow near the top. I was wondering what the best settings are for best flow. I would like to make sure I have no dead spots

Currently the gyres are on anti sync and doing gyre mode from +40% to -60%.

My vortechs are mainly on 70-85% anti sync reef crest and lagoon mode. There is a period at night they are on Nutrient transport mode.

If this belongs in another forum I apologize, thanks in advance!
 
Nice tank! I personally would use the MP's in addition to the gyres. I like a ton of flow in an SPS tank.
 
Nice tank! I personally would use the MP's in addition to the gyres. I like a ton of flow in an SPS tank.

Thanks!

I knocked the gyres down to 30% and it’s still moving a lot of my sand just in the corners near the front of the glass.


Anyone have any experience with them in this position to avoid that?
 
I like lots of flow. My wife said there was too much flow in the tank. I agreed only after one of the fish was swam to death. Don’t do what I did.
 
Thanks!

I knocked the gyres down to 30% and it’s still moving a lot of my sand just in the corners near the front of the glass.


Anyone have any experience with them in this position to avoid that?
Go BB...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new