Sps Nightmare

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tried one of the kamoer single head dosers myself but discovered one major design flaw with it...if there is a power outage at all it just ceases dosing and flashes red until it is reconnected to the app again...useless if you dont check it daily and especially if it happens while away from home

Think we are talking about a different pump - this is the constant dosing pump. No app needed.

Proteus Meep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think we are talking about a different pump - this is the constant dosing pump. No app needed.

I was referring to the OP's single head kamoer i figured he has the kamoer x1 with bluetooth not a constant type dosing pump as he said the dosing container was empty

Last edited:
OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried one of the kamoer single head dosers myself but discovered one major design flaw with it...if there is a power outage at all it just ceases dosing and flashes red until it is reconnected to the app again...useless if you dont check it daily and especially if it happens while away from home
We’ve had several power outages this summer and I did not have that experience. This one just decided to start dosing and not stop.

Proteus Meep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps they have updated the design then as their are others out there who have had the same issue of it not keeping time and going into blinking mode until reconnected (another member on here noticed the same)....CoralVue even confirm it in one of the comments of their youtube video about the doser that it needs to reconnect to the app after a power cut.....do you leave your bluetooth switched on on your device so it can automatically re-connect itself to the app

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps they have updated the design then as their are others out there who have had the same issue of it not keeping time and going into blinking mode until reconnected (another member on here noticed the same)....CoralVue even confirm it in one of the comments of their youtube video about the doser that it needs to reconnect to the app after a power cut.....do you leave your bluetooth switched on on your device so it can automatically re-connect itself to the app
Yes sir. I have many blue tooth devices that sync automatically to my phone. I would of happily traded a doser that stopped for no reason over what happed yesterday.

Proteus Meep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got ya...looks like that's why yours keep their program running then, sent mine back the day i got it when i discovered the design issue as need it to work when away from home...hope your reef doesn't suffer from the malfunction sounds promising so far

HaloPhenom27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newer to reefing myself and this is making me rethink getting an auto doser. My tank is a newer set up that is just at the point of needing to dose.

I have always worried about letting a contraption that could fail handle dosing so I think I am just going to manually dose my tank now. I have the time and energy to handle doing so. Automation is great until it fails and in a reef tank a failure could be catastrophic.

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems the doser just completely malfunctioned it was still running when I woke up and the container was empty. I had to unplug it to stop the madness. I tried plugging it back in when I got back home to perform the water change and it’s still trying to run non stop.
Those dosing pumps are trash.

Proteus Meep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newer to reefing myself and this is making me rethink getting an auto doser. My tank is a newer set up that is just at the point of needing to dose.

I have always worried about letting a contraption that could fail handle dosing so I think I am just going to manually dose my tank now. I have the time and energy to handle doing so. Automation is great until it fails and in a reef tank a failure could be catastrophic.

I use a doser to dose Alk myself (calcium and magnesium manually) what i do to avoid a disaster scenario is run the solution more diluted so if it malfunctioned and dosed the entire container it would not raise it to disastrous levels....just requires topping off the container more often for the safety factor it brings

HaloPhenom27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a doser to dose Alk myself (calcium and magnesium manually) what i do to avoid a disaster scenario is run the solution more diluted so if it malfunctioned and dosed the entire container it would not raise it to disastrous levels....just requires topping off the container more often for the safety factor it brings
That is a good idea as well. I may have to put some thought into doing the same.

lcj2046

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am sorry that hear this. i went through a similar issue using a bubble magnus . In a total of 2 times. I now use a calcium reactor, been using it through the years and love it.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only dosing pump I trust and will still use is the old reefdosingpumps.com pumps with the Swiss parts, I think that’s right at least. The issue is they run constantly. So people don’t like to try and do the math of how much it will put out I guess. Mostly used for top off or kalk but I used them for lots of things along with carbon source dosing 24/7 on a slow drip. Never had an issue with the one I had and it’s OLD and i Have never heard of one dosing more than it was dialed in for. Just change the tubing out every now and then and I never worried about it.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry this happened to you @Chaswood79 we all live in a bit of fear that something will go wrong on our systems. I hope everything recovers well for you. you have some beautiful pieces!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto. But at least the manufacturer has sent me shipping label to return it.

We are so sorry about what happened. Thank you for reaching out to our support team and giving us the opportunity to help. This is not a known issue so we are anxious to inspect the pump and test it at HQ to see what we can find out. If we are aren't able to diagnose the problem in our lab we'll definitely have Kamoer test the pump as well. It's a very popular pump and we move a lot of them so we're eager to check it out. Once again we'd like to offer our sincere apology for what transpired.

Jeff @ CoralVue

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t need a doser yet, but would probably only have enough in the reservoir to last a day or two, as suggested above.

This probably won’t work once the corals go into full colony mode and the dkh demand is high.

How much does a CaRx cost?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back