Started my day with compassion

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here it is 2012-2013 and I’m retired from wrestling career while I can still walk and tie my shoes. I went stright back to my ocean and bought my very own commercial fishing boat , she was sweet I named her GIMMICK which is a wrestling word used a lot and could mean just about anything but mostly referred to drugs, as in “ yo brother got any Gimmicks “ plus it’s a fun word to say.
I realized that now that I’m a fishing boat captain and I have the lives of two people in my hands that have wives n children there is no way I can be all scrambled up in pills n powder, something had to change
This is when it gets bad for me because I just quit cold turkey and went thru the detox from hell
Just so you have a little idea what the doctors do to us I’ll give you a quick summary of what they gave me on a monthly basis
First it just started with Vicodin 5s then when that didn’t work anymore it went to 10s,, well after a while they didn’t work so on to Percocet
first the 5s then the 10s (getting 150 pills a month) and that didn’t include the crap I bought on the black market. Well they stopped being effective and on to Rockycodone first the 15s then on to the 30s I was doing 20-30 pills a day just to be numb and not feel the pain I was in from my list of injuries. And of course a crap load of Xanax to help me sleep. Even all that stopped working on me then all sudden I was given liquid morphine and a bunch of needles and told “ just hit yourself when you need it” and that was for two years. I used to have a big crystal bowl in my bedroom that was half full of an assortment of pills (looked like bowl of jellybeans) and I was resuplied all these meds on a monthly basis for 13years
So now that you have slight idea of what I was on you can imagine how bad my detox was.
I spent a month in bed crying, sweating, shaking, even crapped myself couple times, it was a dark time for me I was so miserable I wanted to die,, then I remember my two daughters came in my room and basically nursed me like a baby,, that made me feel worthless at the time , I felt like the worst father ever and wanted to die. Then one day when I thought I couldn’t take it anymore I remember screaming at the top of my lungs to God “WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH AND GAVE ME A MISERABLE LIFE “ I cried for half that day and fell into o comma type sleep for two days
When I woke up I smelled bad but felt ok all sudden,, I was able to drag my butt into the shower and it felt like the best cleansing I’ve ever felt, and for some reason I wasn’t angry
But my relationship with God wasn’t better yet but I pulled thru and was able to continue being a fishing boat captain.
I haven’t touched an opioid or cocaine ever since and that was seven years ago( but I still love my Oregano
More to come as things in my life get better from here

I dont no man.. this is what i see when you say "Fish Boat Captain". In my head I hear "Shrimp Kabobs, Shrimp Gumbo, Shrimp Sandwich......"

Forest Gump GIF by memecandy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Its Your Birthday GIF by swerk

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont no man.. this is what i see when you say "Fish Boat Captain". In my head I hear "Shrimp Kabobs, Shrimp Gumbo, Shrimp Sandwich......"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Nah trick_tran, you seem to be minded on the wrong historical? Paulie is a knock out classical character from Melville:

(It's free to read online, so I poached the first piece of "The Whale.")

CHAPTER 1. Loomings

Call me Ishmael. Some years ago—never mind how long precisely—having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people’s hats off—then, I account it high time tozz get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.

(That'd be Paulie for the last 35 years, certainly!) Light another, candle? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent most of day outside doing yard work because it’s almost end of November and it was 67 here today So I raked leaves n mowed the lawn some edging little power blowing driveway you kno curb Appel things. Tonight we’re going to one of the busiest places to eat around my area, it’s right on the bay with upper deck hanging over the water with a dozen fire pits and of course outside. It no reservation at all and always 2 hour wait. Well my good friend owns the restaurant and is the chef. I felt a little silly calling him and saying
“Hey buddy it’s my wife and I birthday weekend we’re two days apart and wanted to go there to eat,, he cuts me off and goes no worries how many people, do you want your favorite table and what time you gonna be here
I go I hate pulling the juice card brother but I got no time to wait for table especially my favorite. He says shut up and just tell the Hostess that Paulie’s here and that’s it if she makes you wait more than a minute she is fired. I said I hope your joking I’d never let you do that to a young girl. He just laughed and said see you 6.30
So cool of him, KAOK IS A BOMMERANGE

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo don’t know how I missed like 3 pages of post but I’m all caught up!
@Paulie069 your an amazing person! You wouldn’t be the amazing person you are if you didn’t go through the stuff you went through. Life gives you want you need and what you can handle!

I’ve said it before.
But I love you! You give me the hope and willpower to stay clean!

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy BIRTHDAY The big 35;)

here is a RAOK
So my boss (Brad) informed me the other day that at the manager meeting our big boss (Bob) gave all the mangers except him Mpower points (they convert to cash which out company pays the taxes on for us so its like free money!), but he was told to give me some. Brad told me he was more than happy to do that but that he was a little hurt he didn't get any! Honestly so was I. My boss is great, most laid back guy ever! Easy to get along with and truly likes to do top notch work and explains things to me in a way I understand. Well I decided that I wasn't going to just let this go and sent a short email to Bob. Explaining to him that it had come to my attention that all the other managers received these points except mine. That if it wasn't for Brad I couldn't do what I do everyday to support the rest of our warehouse. I ended with, "Thats just my 2 cents"

A little while later Bob came and said "I don't know how you know things, but thank you." Later Brad told me Bob APOLOGIZED! and quickly rectified the mpower situation. When Brad told me that I just smiled and said well you deserve them as much as anyone else!

Made my day to see him smile! I am blessed to have an amazing boss!

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’m out tonight with my family and we’re having a blast on the water with fire pit the band is killing it and I sang a meatloaf song with them and lots of 80s hair band music and they let me choose 8 songs because I’m 53 and 5+3=8 I’m shocked people didn’t leave freaking snowflakes nowadays they all have this look on their faces like play Green Day or some hippie snowflake band. My music was loud and angry and made you want to explode with energy and adrenaline. The view is beautiful on the lagoon next to bay ,, I’m on top deck next to fire pit actually having a vodka cranberry ,, the server keeps asking if I want another but I’m like it’ll tKe all night to drink this one because I really don’t like it but my buddy that owns the place made bartender set one up and I gave in just to shut him up. I never finished it only 3 sips. Buuut my oldest daughter wanted to do a birthday shot with her dad , and kept harping that she is finally old enough to have a shot with her dad she’s (22) ,, so I figured that if I order a shot she wouldn’t be able to handle
So I ordered a double shot of Patron tequila thinking she would back out and I’d just give my shot away or dump it.. but I was wrong she’ goes sweet my favorite but I like it chilled, uggh so here I am praying I don’t throw up because I have horrible gag reflex and have had maybe 5-10 drinks in 25yrs I just don’t like it anymore. So we do the double shot and I’m dying on the inside but can’t show it and my daughter throws her arms in the air and says wooohoooo that’s what I’m talking about. At that second I saw myself in her at that age and say to my wife LORD HELP US SHES ME,, my with just went uggh another one. Lol here’s some pics of where I’m at just had a Oregano cigar by the fire looking at the boats feeling home sick for my ocean
Happy Birthday My Friend!
thank you

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy BIRTHDAY The big 35;)

here is a RAOK
So my boss (Brad) informed me the other day that at the manager meeting our big boss (Bob) gave all the mangers except him Mpower points (they convert to cash which out company pays the taxes on for us so its like free money!), but he was told to give me some. Brad told me he was more than happy to do that but that he was a little hurt he didn't get any! Honestly so was I. My boss is great, most laid back guy ever! Easy to get along with and truly likes to do top notch work and explains things to me in a way I understand. Well I decided that I wasn't going to just let this go and sent a short email to Bob. Explaining to him that it had come to my attention that all the other managers received these points except mine. That if it wasn't for Brad I couldn't do what I do everyday to support the rest of our warehouse. I ended with, "Thats just my 2 cents"

A little while later Bob came and said "I don't know how you know things, but thank you." Later Brad told me Bob APOLOGIZED! and quickly rectified the mpower situation. When Brad told me that I just smiled and said well you deserve them as much as anyone else!

Made my day to see him smile! I am blessed to have an amazing boss!
Sweet so cool for you to man up and do right thing God Bless my friend

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo don’t know how I missed like 3 pages of post but I’m all caught up!
@Paulie069 your an amazing person! You wouldn’t be the amazing person you are if you didn’t go through the stuff you went through. Life gives you want you need and what you can handle!

I’ve said it before.
But I love you! You give me the hope and willpower to stay clean!
I’m really not special or anything, I’m just sharing my life story just to get it out of my head it been there buried for 50 hrs and therapy is expensive so this was second choice. Even if nobody read it it was very healthy and healing to get it out. Plus nobody can see you cry behind a keyboard lol
Plus I’m positive I’m not only one that has been thru these things ,, actually I’m positive that there are many many people out there that had or still have it much worse than me,, and for those people I feel and pray they find their happiness. God Bless much love

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spelling horrible tonight,, can tell I had couple drinks. Some pics of place I’m at

Attachments

• 76606716-DFB5-4410-B9BB-BD06BD955830.jpeg
    76606716-DFB5-4410-B9BB-BD06BD955830.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 68E53D5C-DC39-489A-82FB-106423185755.jpeg
    68E53D5C-DC39-489A-82FB-106423185755.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 930FE1C4-5F67-4B1E-BA0B-C36CDA328599.jpeg
    930FE1C4-5F67-4B1E-BA0B-C36CDA328599.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 10
  • B6FD389B-D358-4FA8-AFC0-3BD4E1AB0F68.jpeg
    B6FD389B-D358-4FA8-AFC0-3BD4E1AB0F68.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 653EAE59-DD0C-4A38-B90F-3B18C3B6B976.jpeg
    653EAE59-DD0C-4A38-B90F-3B18C3B6B976.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 10
  • C3D125A5-0CD6-465F-A7A2-3BDCA1CC37BE.jpeg
    C3D125A5-0CD6-465F-A7A2-3BDCA1CC37BE.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 9

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m really not special or anything, I’m just sharing my life story just to get it out of my head it been there buried for 50 hrs and therapy is expensive so this was second choice. Even if nobody read it it was very healthy and healing to get it out. Plus nobody can see you cry behind a keyboard lol
Plus I’m positive I’m not only one that has been thru these things ,, actually I’m positive that there are many many people out there that had or still have it much worse than me,, and for those people I feel and pray they find their happiness. God Bless much love
"GOLD"..Paulie ;)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.3%
Back