Starting my sump build

DEWreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still need to route and build all the baffles.

20191115_225556.jpg

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along nicely. I think you'll be happy with the final layout. I've been running mine this way for nearly 4 years without any thoughts of trying to improve it.
Only thing I see is what I mentioned in the other thread;
I added a second layer on the sock tray with the cutout being that of the O.D. of the sock ring. This allows sediment to flow into the sock. Without the second ring you may find sediment settling outside the ring and then it'll get flushed into the skimmer chamber when you swap socks.

OP
OP
DEWreefing

DEWreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along nicely. I think you'll be happy with the final layout. I've been running mine this way for nearly 4 years without any thoughts of trying to improve it.
Only thing I see is what I mentioned in the other thread;
I added a second layer on the sock tray with the cutout being that of the O.D. of the sock ring. This allows sediment to flow into the sock. Without the second ring you may find sediment settling outside the ring and then it'll get flushed into the skimmer chamber when you swap socks.
Are you saying I should have beveled it on the inside.

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of I see what your saying you added another peice of acrylic that laid on top to make it flush.
Yes , that's it. I used solvent to bond the 2 layers. Because my tray is removable this also made it solid enough to not bow.
For my socks, the bottom hole is approx 6-1/2" and the top hole is approx 7-1/4"

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back