Stylo problems.

Saintnovakai

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2018
Messages
444
Reaction score
336
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stylophora base gone from yellow to brown. Any ideas? Under Hydra 52HD. It's the typical green polyps on yellow base but now it's green on brown. Any help?
 
It's that little fork if a frag on SPS mountain to the right of the green plating Monti and to the North West of the pink cap that's encrusting. Sorry. I'm not home so couldn't take a direct pic. Hope this helps.
d9ba350972e17e14077b1dac77eac251.jpg


I'll get a better pick when I get home.

In the meantime it looks like a frag of this...



The parent colony however has a yellow base so I don't know.
 
Last edited:
Well, corals that are rapidly growing will often exhibit a brown color. Also, areas of colonies that are shaded by other branches or point-source lighting may develop a different color due to lower lighting levels. If the polyps are extended but just a different color, it's probably not an issue. I'll take a look at the pic when you post it.
 
Well, corals that are rapidly growing will often exhibit a brown color. Also, areas of colonies that are shaded by other branches or point-source lighting may develop a different color due to lower lighting levels. If the polyps are extended but just a different color, it's probably not an issue. I'll take a look at the pic when you post it.
That's it.
b5a45b11ce90e1692e4fdc9f7c0a4958.jpg
bc425219fa2a9014fc9677d4cc46a722.jpg


Best photo I could get.
 
I would not worry about the color of the stylo, could be adjusting still. They typically do not change colors much ime, but maybe keep your eyes On it.
 
It's been about 6 months. I guess I just have to take it for what it is...withoutvthe perdy yellow. Sigh
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new