Sump plumbing??

  • Thread starter Thread starter CKI
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CKI

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2013
Messages
492
Reaction score
37
Location
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so I just picked up me first actual reef ready tank and while i was at it i ordered the r-200 sump. My ? is, how should i plumb this? I could hardline with PVC or just used the flex hose that comes with the eshopps sump.....and I know jack diddily squat about anything plumbing related
 
I you hard plumb it, you can use Unions so that you can take it apart for maintenance or changing pieces out, or attaching reactors and such.
Then again, flex hose is real easy to use also.
Unless you plan on getting extravagant with it, I 'd just use the flex hose.
 
I just want water in and water out! I see all these pics with 10+ unions and valves all over, i dont need that mess, just a simple setup that works!
 
If you glue anywhere I'd add a union. You never know if you'll need to make a change and redoing the whole plumbing sucks.
 
Welp then just use the flex hose, that'll so the job you need.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new