Sump return bulkhead.

REEFRIED!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know that typically people (and myself) do not glue the last piece of pipe into sump drain bulkheads. But do you glue the return bulkhead, from the pump, where the plumbing leaves the sump? I am setting up a new tank and the last sump I had did not have a bulkhead for the return.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a general rule, if the plumbing is under pressure then the pipes should be glued.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I know that typically people (and myself) do not glue the last piece of pipe into sump drain bulkheads. But do you glue the return bulkhead, from the pump, where the plumbing leaves the sump? I am setting up a new tank and the last sump I had did not have a bulkhead for the return.
Agree- anything under pressure gets glued.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an internal overflow and I don't glue anything to the tank bulkhead. I use threaded fittings (glued to the respective pipe or clamped to the vinyl tubing if I use that from the pump) and threaded bulkheads. Or I use bottom threaded/top slip bulkheads and I don't glue anything to the top. The return pipe will be held in place by the rest of the assembly (loc-line, etc)

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use this on threaded fittings under the tank. Nothing is needed on the top side

PXL_20230226_030627581.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back