Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be spring but it still looks crisp and cool...and that bright blue sky...lovely! I only sail small around 4 meters (12') to 5 meters (18') on fresh water mostly. Our boat is motor boat for fishing and skiing mostly and then just freshwater. We live near the Snake River in Washington State, US.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be spring but it still looks crisp and cool...and that bright blue sky...lovely! I only sail small around 4 meters (12') to 5 meters (18') on fresh water mostly. Our boat is motor boat for fishing and skiing mostly and then just freshwater. We live near the Snake River in Washington State, US.
You caught me :D It's still minus at night and just 6-8 degrees Celsius in the day. But the sun is up all the way to eight o'clock now and it's getting warmer every week!

A smaller boat for fishing sounds nice to me. Our sailing boat is still pretty small, but it's a little bit of work just going out a couple of hours. And you need time to get somewhere.
Always wanted to sail around the world, or have a couple of months every year on a sailing boat in the south Pacific, but that hasn't happened yet. Won't be with this boat though:)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted to sail around the world, or have a couple of months every year on a sailing boat in the south Pacific, but that hasn't happened yet. Won't be with this boat though

And not befor fall 2021!!!!!!

Sincerely Lasse

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And not befor fall 2021!!!!!!

Sincerely Lasse
My wife and I have it penciled in for summer 2022 in case there are construction delays and to wait for warmer weather. My wife does NOT like being cold!

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally spring here in Sweden! :cool:
IMG_7562.JPG
I am going to guess it is spring because the water in not covered in ice. :)
Lools like a beautiful day! Love that sky.

Remember living in northern Alaska for a year in the US Coast Guard.

Nome, Alaska, June 9, 1985.
The bay ice was finally breaking up enough to get the first summer supply barge in. Everyone was very excited. :)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I have it penciled in for summer 2022 in case there are construction delays and to wait for warmer weather. My wife does NOT like being cold!
That is so cool! And yes, to get some summer here you need to wait until July or August, and to have some luck :)
Looking forward to a Reef2Reef meet at the new Aquarium 2022!

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so cool! And yes, to get some summer here you need to wait until July or August, and to have some luck :)
Looking forward to a Reef2Reef meet at the new Aquarium 2022!
I suspect we will start our planning in early 2021 for that trip. Hopefully you won't find all my touristy questions regarding what we should do and see in Northern Europe too annoying! ;):D

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to say goodbye to these old sumps :rolleyes:
IMG_7576.JPG

Now one coral system(five tanks, about 5-6000 litres) are empty. Plus two out of three propagation tanks are emptied of corals. Only about 35000L reef tanks left.. ;Wideyed Feels like a Sisiphean job some days.. But we are ahead of schedule with the move to the temporary Aquarium and taking down the exhibition. So a couple of more weeks moving rocks, corals, setting up lights, dipping, catching fish etc etc and then we'll have nice summer. Hopefully:)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect we will start our planning in early 2021 for that trip. Hopefully you won't find all my touristy questions regarding what we should do and see in Northern Europe too annoying! ;):D
No worries! I have the list of public aquariums in Northern Europe(my colleague is admin for our mailing group!)
:D

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random pictures from today.

Tank 1 - frags and more
IMG_7578.JPG
Tank 2 - Euphyllia, Stylopora, Galaxea etc
IMG_7579.JPG
Tank 7 - six meter mixed reef - softies & SPS
IMG_7582.JPG
Tank 1 again - frags and stuff
IMG_7570.JPG
Tank 3 - larger colonies Acropora
IMG_7580.JPG

With all these reef LEDs, I need to learn how to take proper pictures. It was easier with metal halides.. ;)

So four tanks are starting to get filled up with corals. Four more just waiting for lights, and two more(our old propagation tanks) needs to be emptied rebuilt and installed. Perhaps 1/4 of our "capacity" is used now(for corals).

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First picture in your post above show this fish

powder-blue.jpg

He/She is more than 14 years old in this public aquaria, never ever have been treated with medicin - now and when - a white spot but never sick.

Sincerely Lasse

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

powder-blue.jpg

He/She is more than 14 years old in this public aquaria, never ever have been treated with medicin - now and when - a white spot but never sick.

Sincerely Lasse
How irresponsible. ;):p

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

powder-blue.jpg

Sincerely Lasse
Magic! :eek:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to say goodbye to these old sumps :rolleyes:
IMG_7576.JPG

Now one coral system(five tanks, about 5-6000 litres) are empty. Plus two out of three propagation tanks are emptied of corals. Only about 35000L reef tanks left.. ;Wideyed Feels like a Sisiphean job some days.. But we are ahead of schedule with the move to the temporary Aquarium and taking down the exhibition. So a couple of more weeks moving rocks, corals, setting up lights, dipping, catching fish etc etc and then we'll have nice summer. Hopefully:)

Just barely broken in! ;Hilarious

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries! I have the list of public aquariums in Northern Europe(my colleague is admin for our mailing group!)
This would be the only aquarium on our list for this trip. The Vasa museum would be the other place of interest. Unless our tastes change we will spend more of our time on day hikes and walking around smaller cities. My wife had never left the US/Canada area so she likes to see what life is like outside of the bigger cities and tourist traps. She even likes the idea of local food until she has to eat it. ;Wideyed:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 143 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back