Sweeper tentacles on acros?

I've never seen an acro with sweeper tentacles, do you have a pic?

Man I cant get a picture with my iPhone that’s worth a darn. I’ve noticed it on my PC Rainbow sometimes too. Not polyp extension either. Clear longer tentacles but no other long long like a normal one
 
I've seen them usually when I've fed the tank a little, stirred up debris, or when the acro is encrusting I see them usually at the base. Sometimes look like a few mm dental floss. I recall some folks said it was normal, other said it was due to some stressor...
 
I've seen them usually when I've fed the tank a little, stirred up debris, or when the acro is encrusting I see them usually at the base. Sometimes look like a few mm dental floss. I recall some folks said it was normal, other said it was due to some stressor...

I’ve noticed them at the same time when feeding or when debris also. Weirdly I’ve noticed them more and more on their happier times. I almost thought it was spawning or something which I know isn’t dangerous.
 
If they look similar to these, look up mesenterial filaments.

1563842849822.jpeg

dec191houirlater014.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new