Tang suggestions??

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,877
Reaction score
122,548
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey since I took out my powder blue and my salfin for nipping corals, I am getting a few algae spots that are creeping back up.

I want a nice tang, and was wondering what you would suggest.

120g tank.
 
I love my Naso but the 120 might be a bit short. 4' right?

Do you feed nori? I'm surprised they are nipping. A fat tang should not be a problem.
 
Hybrid which are big $$$, Black....which are big $$$$ Gem which are really big $$$$$ spotted Cheak very nice and not as bad as the others. Heck are you going to pay for it or is the Church. LOL
 
i second the gem tang notion. rev's got the cash. he's just gonna have to go a little easier on that gold plated trim on the canopy ;)
 
Last edited:
You can not go wrong with a purple. I had one for over 5 years and never had a algae problem!
 
IMG_1814.jpg
 
Thanks for the suggestions...

No I am paying for this tang, and NO I cant afford those! LOL!

I am also scared of blue tangs due to others experiences... :(

Do yellows eat algae?
 
tomini/yellow eye's are good grazers-yellows are so-so
 
I have a yellow eye kole and he is always eating....everything. He eats off the glass, rock, sand, powerheads, you name it he is always grazing....
 
i use to have a yellow that was great and ate off of everything..i got rid of him after it killed my mandarin..i have kept a purple and a kole tang before and liked both of them as well..my purple was a little aggresive but not too bad
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new