Tank birthday, 47+ years

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yes give that thing some live blackworms. Live worms are the secret to this hobby and I am surprised anyone can keep anything without live worms. I may start eating them myself. :becky:

Where are you on the south shore?
I may plan a trip this Tuesday as it is low tide at 11:00am. I have not taken my boat out on a maiden voyage yet this year.

I am in South Farmingdale.. Can't do weekdays, have work Monday-Fridays

Would be down to do weekends besides this upcoming one, have to study for my CPA exam I have the 19th. Just let me know
 
Can't do weekends as the boat is booked up on weekends with parties and what not.

Greg, I know you read all the posts I wrote about worms. The blackworms I buy and keep in a DIY worm keeper and the whiteworms you buy a culture and raise them in dirt.
 
I guess I'm in a bit of a panic as the fish is arriving before I'm ready for it. My white worms aren't showing much sign of life yet. And yes, I read the posts. I was hoping there was a source I could buy some from for now. I checked the bait shops around here but all the worms they have are for bass sized fish.
 
I can't help you unless you want to drive to Long Island :hat:
 
This is something I have not seen before with pipefish. The copperband seeks out this pipefish and they stay together while the pipefish inspects and eats irritations or maybe parasites that I can't see off the copperband.They have been together for 15 minutes so far and the copperband seems to be smiling. The multibanded pipefish is to large to get inside his gills but he finds some bits of food on his skin.
 
Your copperband is looks to be in incredible shape vs just about any I've seen in a tank. Nice job keeping it healthy!!
 
Thanks, I keep all my fish in breeding condition by feeding live worms every day.
Here is a video of the copperband a year ago when he was a little smaller. He has gotten larger than I would like and I spoke to him about getting any bigger.
Every fish in this video, except the copperband is spawning and those fireclowns are 23 years old.
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately for the fast growing Montipora, the torch corals grow faster and sting them to death very quickly. Oh Well he should have grown the other way.
 
Well, that copperband definitely loves those worms! I really must find a way to rig my FW so I can use part of it to raise them... :)

Do you ever think about raising babies? I'm sure if you managed and could supply a few captive-raised babies (or even viable eggs) to serious breeders, it would be a good thing. :)
 
Last edited:
I have raised babies quite a few times, now I am past that and don't have the time as they are very time consuming even more so than these.
 
Early this morning I had to call an ambulance for my wife. She needs surgery to remove a cyst on her spine that has been extremely painful but last night was to much. We had an appointment to see a surgeon today but she couldn't wait so they admitted her and hopefully soon she can have the surgery and get some relief as this has been going on for 3 months.
 
Well wishes to your wife and family!

Your CBB and tank is awesome. Really digging your approach. Carry on.
 
so sorry to hear that about your wife Paul. Being in the hospital stinks but at least she'll get some pain relief.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new