OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was a kid, It was actually much better and almost everyone was healthier and could take care of themselves better.

We didn't have computer dating, we actually had to meet someone, that is when you have to stand in front of a person and use your mouth to talk to them while making sense.

We didn't have computers or cell phones but we had something better.

Muscle shirts and cool cars. Thats all you needed, a muscle shirt and a cool car.
It helped if you had some muscles to fill out the shirt but it wasn't mandatory.

I remember my older cousin had a 1955 Oldsmobile in about 1962 and we were all in the car, which was a cool car. We would cruise around and look for girls. Well, they did, I was young but I went along for the ride and at least I looked cool.

Air conditioning was not in cars in those days unless you were extremely wealthy, which none of us were.

So when we saw a good looking girl, we would quickly roll up the windows and smile as we drove past her so it looked like we had air conditioning. :downcast-face-with-sweat:

Of course it was 95 degrees so as we turned the corner we had to quickly open the windows before we fainted. Now that was being cool. :anxious-face-with-sweat:
I don't know what we would do if the girl actually ever got in the car. :oops:

I was a mechanic for Oldsmobile in 1968. Toranado, the first American front wheel drive came out then and I loved them. I was allowed to take home customers new cars to check them out for the weekend so I usually had a new, hot car to pick up girls in. Of course I couldn't take them out again because the next time it was in my own car which I practically built and it wasn't real cool.

(don't get excited, thats what all guys did then)

I had what I called a nuclear reactor in my 1964 Olds cutless convertible. I removed the radio and installed it under the dash and installed 8 neon lights in that place that would light up in sync with each spark plug. It looked like a fire in the dashboard, Very cool even though it was useless.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last week we went with the Kids and Grand Kids to the private Island of Mustique.

www.mustique-island.com

Mustique Island - Mustique

Mustique, steeped in history and surrounded by intrigue lies in the of islands of St Vincent and the Grenadines, a hundred miles west of Barbados.
www.mustique-island.com
www.mustique-island.com
mustique island - AOL Image Search Results
This is the third time we have been there and we absolutely love the place. We rented house and the staff with the chef. The place has 3 pools and like all the Island homes it is very big and entirely open, even the bathrooms but you are up on a mountain so the only ones who can see you showering are the fish. Almost no glass in the place, just open spaces.

It is on the equator so it is always warm.
To get there you fly to Saint Lucia then take this 16 seater puddle jumper.

IMG_5458.JPG

IMG_5454.JPG

The pilot gets outside the plane to turn the props to get the thing started. :oops: It roars to life just as you have to takeyour hands inside the window right next to the propeller.

As it rises into the air and we reach cruising altitude aprox, 12' above the highest sailboat mast
IMG_5520.JPG

I watch the "mainland" disappear.

So during the 10 minute flight I look at the little card in the seat back that shows the safety equipment. The first thing I read on the card is this.
IMG_5522.JPG

So I keep looking at the engine to see if I see any of those things. :oops:

As I read on further I notice the "Safety" equipment.
The safety equipment is a tent and a fork.....No...Really!!! A tent and a fork. This flight is 100% over water.

Then we approach this huge landing strip which I thought was for helicopters.
IMG_5472.JPG

We get off the plane and walk to the Gate. It reads "Gate One" in big letters. Of course there is no gate two, three or anything else.

IMG_5457.JPG

The customs office is about as big as my bathroom and quite hot. The nice lady checks us out to make sure we don't have any lizzards, broccoli, or anything else questionable.

On our short trip to the house. (The Island is only 2 miles long) we see the turtle sculpture that I remembered from our last visit and it is in the center of the Island.
IMG_5473.JPG

I have nothing to do with what they are doing, it's a sculpture.

Then we finally arrive at our private house and meet the staff.

IMG_5478.JPG

These are the two smaller pools. They light up different colors at night.

IMG_5480.JPG

IMG_5494.JPG

Here is a video of the house we stayed in.

Going to the dentist now. Finish later. :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys are all over the place, like speed bumps.

GOPR0145.JPG

The bathroom

GOPR0147.JPG

Our private beach

GOPR0183.JPG

GOPR0177.JPG

IMG_5484.JPG

They give you a bar be cue here.

GOPR0173.JPG
That looks like the dream… total opposite of the UK for sure. Wonder what the reefs would’ve looked like round there.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I did SCUBA dive the last two times I was there. Not bad, but not that great.

I forgot, in this place, they also wash your clothes and iron them every day. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to save a Supermodel today. I was driving home from my boat and about a mile from my house on a main road I see this car on the side with the hood up. Next to it on the phone was this Supermodel. Me being a conscientious, helpful citizen immediately made a U Turn (on two wheels) and went back to her to see if I could help. :rolleyes:

She knew immediately what the problem was. The idler pulley broke forcing the serpentine belt to fall off over heating the car. Very few women that I know would know what that was. It is not something that you can jury rig right away on the side of the road because the pulley itself broke and needed to be replaced.

I offered to go to the auto supply to get her a new pulley but she said her uncle, a mechanic was on his way.

She said she was there for five minutes and I was the fifth guy to stop. While I was talking to her, two other cars stopped to help.

But like I said, she was Supermodel. In my defense, I would have stopped for anyone. Well almost. :confused:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday we took our friend and my wife's pilates instructor out on the boat. We went to this small cove where we normally go and anchored.
We ate a little, swam a little and listened to my fabulous collection of 70s music .

Then I noticed we were almost in the weeds and the anchor dragged about a hundred feet.

OOOhhhNNNooo. But I managed to push the boat out to slightly deeper water and start the engines.

I wanted to move the boat a little deeper so of course I had to raise the anchor. (It's electric so I don't actually have to get on the front of the boat and flex my muscles like I used to do in my youth. :rolleyes:
This is a new anchor because I lost my old one in this exact spot last week.

I raised the anchor and it was straining to come up. The water was very shallow and I know there are no rocks, cables or 1967 Oldsmobile, Vista Cruisers sunk there so it was odd the anchor was having so much trouble coming up.

Then the anchor just broke the surface and I saw the problem. There must have been 50 gallons of seaweed wrapped around the thing so you couldn't see the flukes.

(Not the flukes many of you people feel are on your tangs when you buy them)

The anchor looked like a giant ball of greenery and the blackest, slimiest, smelliest mud I have ever seen.

I imagine the girls could have put that all over their face like they do in those fancy spa's. This is probably where they get the stuff.

The bottom here must have 2' of seaweed growing on a substrate of very fine mud so the anchor couldn't dig in.

Anyway, not much of a story but then I took the Ladies out to a sea side restaurant in my marina for oysters and tuna.

Then back to our condo pool. Great day all around. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately being "old" brings on some health issues. Not as bad as my wife but I have been having some back pain lately, like most people and I figured it was from my extensive habit of bungee jumping, back flipping and ball room dancing almost every morning before breakfast and sometimes after lunch.

But for the last 2 years the upper back pain extended to my shoulders. I originally thought it was from my 7 shoulder surgeries and that probably didn't help. :(

I have been going for acupuncture and pain Management shots mainly because both my acupuncturist and pain Mgt Dr. are Supermodels but after a while, even a Supermodel can't help. Not to much anyway but I still like to go.

The MRIs show that my back looks like it came from a blue leg hermit crab but the X Rays show it more like an arrow crab. :oops:

I stand pretty straight but my spine has a big curve to it which made the Neurologist think they made a mistake and took a picture of a boomerang.

About 8 disks are to degenerated to do anything about and are all bone on bone. It is what it is and will always be painful and I will get stiffer as time goes on (like all old people) and my fish don't seem to care at all even though I hung my X Ray in front of their tank.

(I have been taking short baths in Prizapro)

He said it can't be fixed unless he cuts out almost all my disks and installs rods which will make me walk like an Emu looking up in the sky for bald eagles or even eagles with hair which is not the look I was going for so I will keep my old back as I probably can't get a new one.

Of course my main concern is my Bride of almost 50 years because I do almost everything for her and putting her walker in my car is getting quite hard. But manageable.

The Neurologist told us it is from my job as a Commercial construction electrician because that is not a Girly job as most of the equipment was a thousand pounds and wanted to be mounted on the ceiling. :oops:

Unloading all that from tractor trailers for half a century probably was not the best thing so I imagine those Neanderthals bringing down a Woolly Mammoth must have kept Pain Mgt. Doctors pretty busy and it was probably even harder then to get an appointment.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back