Tank Crashed What To Do Next!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be FOWLR for me at first until the tank is established and I know a bit more. I have had a lot of freshwater time, but coming up to speed on saltwater has proven quite difficult. All in time.
I'm new as well (four months with my tank but a couple years on here reading). Right now I'm a fish only tank. Keeping saltwater fish is not much different than keeping freshwater fish. As long as you can mix the salt correctly you'll be fine. Fish aren't as particular about lighting and water parameters (calcium, etc.) like coral are. Just make sure you know what the fish need to thrive, acclimate correctly (to temp and salinity) and keep up with water changes and water top-offs and you'll be fine. I think a lot of people new to the hobby (me included) get lost in the details of what corals need. It's not as difficult for fish. What you do need a plan for is the type of coral you eventually want to keep to ensure you don't buy fish that like to snack on them. :)

OP
OP
C

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All waiting and being patient I'm back at it. Finally feeling good enough to go back into the SPS game. Tanks not perfect (red turf algae ) but its really doing well and I'm excited about the hobby again. Learn from your mistakes this hobby is a roller coaster. I had to use orange filter blue lights suck on my camera.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 32
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 28
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 24

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw nice one,you feeling excited about hobby again and happy you happy about how your tank coming on nicely,btw tank looks good ,bit of red turf algae you say ,but adds little bit off colour and character to tank while you try combat it ,if that's what your Intentions are,to me it's not taking over tank from what I can see,and read often from others who have had it,slow and steady and keep on top off things and things like this sorts itself out with just a little helping hand from ourselves.

And nice one for the update on your tank/this thread and pictures to boot ^_^

Good luck moving forward

OP
OP
C

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw nice one,you feeling excited about hobby again and happy you happy about how your tank coming on nicely,btw tank looks good ,bit of red turf algae you say ,but adds little bit off colour and character to tank while you try combat it ,if that's what your Intentions are,to me it's not taking over tank from what I can see,and read often from others who have had it,slow and steady and keep on top off things and things like this sorts itself out with just a little helping hand from ourselves.

And nice one for the update on your tank/this thread and pictures to boot ^_^

Good luck moving forward
Thanks man its not over taking anything and I'm not one to chase perfection just want good coral growth and color. I been trying to setup a refugium and get some more snails and manually clean it during WC. I'll post again in a month or 2 once I get more sps and see them growing. Honestly it doesn't look bad. Most non reefers think it looks good when viewing tank. I bet once I add more coral and a refugium it will just slowly disappear in next 3 months.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back