Tank police

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had... I have kept triggers that I trust more.
I kept her away from anything that she could eat for years. Assuming that if you can train a horse to eat oats from a bag then if all she know is pellets it would be fine. Not even a week after the skunk cleaner goes in she eats it.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept her away from anything that she could eat for years. Assuming that if you can train a horse to eat oats from a bag then if all she know is pellets it would be fine. Not even a week after the skunk cleaner goes in she eats it.
I’ll get it out. Was 1/2 a mistake putting it in but host safe in anemones and rock flowers. I’m sure in a year or so things could get bad. But I haven’t seen it bull up or try to nip anything since the introduction 3 Anthia’s and tail spot.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept a purple dottieback for almost ten years. She runs any tank that she is in. I can not keep shrimp 3 times her size. They become $40 dinners for one. She rules her roost. My 8 inch clown tang is terrified of this tiny stature anchovie. (Don't tell her I called her that)
Was she one of the first fish in the tank?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you transfer her? (Catch)
I was worried at first but I like what I’m seeing ATM. We shall see. I wouldn’t mind catching her but I’ve really like the dotty now that the tank seems civil. Maybe that’s why it’s still circles the whole tank , it’s plotting…
Plotting lol
I have a Fish trap that is pretty effective. I just checked to get the price but I guess it has been discontinued it works well.
AquMedic fish trap

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll get it out. Was 1/2 a mistake putting it in but host safe in anemones and rock flowers. I’m sure in a year or so things could get bad. But I haven’t seen it bull up or try to nip anything since the introduction 3 Anthia’s and tail spot.
Peaceful yet aggressive

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plotting lol
I have a Fish trap that is pretty effective. I just checked to get the price but I guess it has been discontinued it works well.
AquMedic fish trap
I have the ice cap version. Caught the six with no effort, a little brine and it went right in!
Message_1634161588454.jpg

OP
OP
PeterEde

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with a chromis trio is that they will pair up and kill the odd one out. On the other hand they are cool to watch shoal when it's working out well!
If I could guarantee another female I'd get another. Maybe give it a go next time.

J1a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of anthias, my experience with them always boils down to aggression. When the anthias change to male, most of the time I see almost 24/7 aggression.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love a trigger
My previous FOWLR tank was a predator/aggressive tank. I had two triggers Niger & Humu. Shocking it worked, I figured it was going to be a blood bath, but I introduced them at the same time and it worked for the 3 years I had them. I miss those fairly simple days from the first go around. I never tested, randomly changed water and the fish thrived!

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had read that you needed a minimum of 6 chromis. So I bought 9. 1 was killed almost instantly by a 4 stripes damsel, by venturing in her corner. I lost a second one a few month later. But now 4 years later, I still have 7 chromis. I have 4 males and 3 females. I know that because they are spaying continuously and the larger males then guard their eggs. I say their, because I sometimes have 2 nursery at the same time, one on each side of the tank. Males chase all fish that come too close to their eggs. But when they are not protecting their young ones, they are fine with the other fish.
They do seem do fight to stay or change their pecking order. Female are definitively less aggressive than the male.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard similar back when I got the chromis, I was told minimum of 5 and go with odd number of fish. I actually started with 5 and lost two within a few days, the 3 lasted for years, then as my post above said... finally lost the third.

Back