Tank size help

Joiningsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to hear some other thoughts on an upgrade i am looking to do. At this moment i have an IM 40 AIO that i am looking to replace. I have a 58inch wall that it will go against so a 4ft tank is perfect, 5ft would probably hang into the walkway about 3-4inches so not sure if i want to go that route.

My main dilemma is figuring out what size I would like. I am trying to think long term and I know it has always been preached biggest tank you can manage. It looks like for now I’m narrowing down to a 75, 90, or 120g. Honestly the footprint of the 75g seems fine to me but curious if the extra 15sh gallons etc would help with stability that much to warrant the 90. Now the 120g footprint is nice but I have not been able to find one besides the waterbox used (was trying to find new sine I’m a “budget reefer” lol)

Anyway, help me decide between a 75, 90, 120 before I just put that waterbox on the credit card…

Last edited:

vadryn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a 90 for many years and have long thought the 120 would have been perfect. The extra 6 inches front to back will make a HUGE difference in the rock-scape and substrate corals you will have room for. Anything deeper than 24" (tall) makes maintenance harder unless you have really long arms. They are all great options, but I'd hold out for the 120g.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back