Tank stand - is this something to be concerned about?

BriansBrain

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2014
Messages
688
Reaction score
785
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed this wood joint looking to be separating. Is this something I should be concerned with? Stand is a maple stand from Planet Aquariums and about 5 years old. Thank you
IMG_3955.jpeg
IMG_3956.jpeg
 
Is there a frame behind that or is it structural? If that’s structural, I’d be concerned
 
Is there a frame behind that or is it structural? If that’s structural, I’d be concerned
Tbh I’m not sure how structural it is. Appears to be an exterior trim piece that is miter jointed. Water is obviously getting into the joint. However, the tank is sitting on it along with the tank’s seam.

Here’s a picture of the inside of that corner that looks ok
IMG_3957.jpeg
 
I think it should be ok because there is a vertical support at the corner and sheet lumber on top. Maybe add a metal L bracket on the corner or both front corners so it’s supported and looks symmetrical?
 
I think it should be ok because there is a vertical support at the corner and sheet lumber on top. Maybe add a metal L bracket on the corner or both front corners so it’s supported and looks symmetrical?
Thank you. I also thought to be extra safe and emailed planet aquariums. Things like that keep me up at night 😅
 
I don't think you have anything to worry about Because it looks like it's just the facade, but if you're really concerned, they make small corner, Jack stands that could go inside there and easily support it. You don't have to lift up on the tank, just make it tight.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new