Tank upgrade!

stelflip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi team; Long time lurker but I’m a member now!
So I’m planning an upgrade in size for my systems. Nothing extravagant.
I currently have a twenty gallon long that is supporting all types of coral; From a beautiful Green arrow cabbage leather to some named Acropora. I’m also running a 15 gallon system that supports mostly lps and SPS, With some mushrooms and zoas. Both tanks are doing well. Each has a skimmer, HOB filter to house Chemipure , And lots of water flow. Both are bare bottom, no sumps. All is well!
So I would like consolidate into one display and buy a 53 gallon drilled tank and cabinet. Got a great quote : Tank, Drilling, And black cabinet; $350.
I plan on using the twenty long as the sump.
The sump will house my skimmer, heaters, Mechanical filtration (chemipure) and additional rock.
so my questions to you all are;
Do I need to add dividers in the sump or can I simply use the hob filters I already own and skimmer that I already own and just arrange the rock to one side? I know it’s simple but I really want to keep the bare bones approach I’ve always had. It works well for me.
If I decided to add compartments to the sump, do you think simple eggcrate attached with magnets could hold it in place; as opposed to a full blown silicone plate system.
Thanks for welcoming me! I appreciate any feedback!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
tenor.gif

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back