1   0   0
R2R banner 09.png

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to get a few pieces for the display, and for the purpose of bio diversity. My tank is 11 months old. What would you recommend…or how much? I have a CADE 1200 peninsula and would be removing the 24” arch and making two independent towers front and back
IMG_4549.jpeg

Last edited:

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should clarify that I don’t intend on replacing the arch with 100% live rock. I have a few pieces that I’m cycling that will go with the LR to account for the arch. I’m thinking about 8 pounds base rock either in the sump or under the big plateau on the right in my pic.

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would like to get a few pieces for the display, and for the purpose of bio diversity. My tank is 11 months old. What would you recommend…or how much? I have a CADE 1200 peninsula and would be removing the 24” arch and making two independent towers front and back
IMG_4549.jpeg
Great looking tank!

I'd lean toward ordering 20lbs premium. Ask specifically for mixed sizes and unique shapes for the purpose of topping 2 formations. This will give you options for building and will let J know these will be high par areas of the tank. Another note is your desire to have some macro or no macro. 20lbs rock fits nicely into a single box for air cargo shipping and will run between $80-$115 to ship depending on airport. Air cargo pickup is easy, you don't have to be there when the plane lands. Pickup anytime the cargo office is open.

If you want to order a smaller amount, look in the Treasure Chest category, then go for the 8lbs nano Premium Box of Rox. UPS pricing is not a bargain. 8lbs rock will cost $83 to ship via bumpy roads Brown Trucks.

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I should clarify that I don’t intend on replacing the arch with 100% live rock. I have a few pieces that I’m cycling that will go with the LR to account for the arch. I’m thinking about 8 pounds base rock either in the sump or under the big plateau on the right in my pic.
Just reading this clarification post now.
I'd order 8lbs base rock for the sump or 8lbs Rubble rock.
Rubble will be smaller, and you will get more diversity in organisms.

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
R2R banner 09new.png

This has been our biggest sale of the year, so order early to get ahead in the shipping cues.

We are also decreasing shipping prices on smaller items in the Treasure Chest category. These next day flat rate UPS labels cost $65 instead of $83. WoooHoo!
  • 5lbs Box of Rox - Premium
  • 15lbs Sand Box
  • Jar Package
  • 5lbs Rubble Rox - New product size
  • Sand & Rox Box
Rock' N Brown Trucks is an easy way to have small amounts shipped to your door. Keep in mind air cargo is the economical choice for higher weights and when ordering multiple Treasure Chests.

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been set up since 2004 and no new live rock since then. I'm now in the process of moving the sump to the basement and adding a refugium, 24 x 16 with water level about 15" high. I'd like to add some new live rock to that refugium to encourage pod growth as they don't last long in my reef (200+ gallons). I'd also like to grow some macroalgae for nutrient export. What would you suggest? I'm not sure how much will fit.

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My tank has been set up since 2004 and no new live rock since then. I'm now in the process of moving the sump to the basement and adding a refugium, 24 x 16 with water level about 15" high. I'd like to add some new live rock to that refugium to encourage pod growth as they don't last long in my reef (200+ gallons). I'd also like to grow some macroalgae for nutrient export. What would you suggest? I'm not sure how much will fit.
Hiyo,
Thanks for reaching out. Sounds like a fun project you have going!
You might consider ordering 20lbs nano premium. This would provide nano sized rock with macro on it and be the right amount to allow the macro to grow without overfilling the fuge with rock. 20lbs nano premium would ship in 1 box via air cargo for around $80-$110 depending on airport.
(Depending on your location, you could add a second box of goodies for the price above.)
Email us for faster reply.

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ocean aquacultured rock, Rocks!

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rock’ N 15% off TBSrockN15.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back