Temporarily Dosing Flourish Nitrogen?

hsp

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2023
Messages
220
Reaction score
114
Location
Sydney, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Reefer Max G2+ 300 tank that cycled well (fishless with Dr Tim's Ammonium Chloride Solution), spiking nitrates up to 75 at the end of the cycling. I have added cheato in the sump bringing it to 10 ppm. All is going well. I have slowly started with some fish (3 gobies, 1 blenny, 2 clowns) and 10 snails and an urchin. It seems, however, that they do not produce enough to keep the cycle going to maintain the 10 ppm nitrate (Now, down to 3.6 ppm, according to my Hanna tester).

Should I temporarily dose Flourish Nitrogen (https://www.seachem.com/flourish-nitrogen.php) to maintain 10 ppm? Or, anything else?

I assume, once the bioload increases, I will find an equilibrium.

Thanks!
 
I’m not a fan of that product. It may be ok if you already have it, but dosing other products or just feeding more seem better options to me.
 
I've used the seachem product before with no issues till I could get ESV calcium nitrate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new