Tenuis Placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter sawdonkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2014
Messages
2,209
Reaction score
3,279
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you guys find your tenuis do best? How much light? How much flow?

I have WD that is going great, but I have another tenuis that just isn’t doing anything and it is actually being taken over by coralline from the base. No STN or anything, just very slowly, coralline creeping up the bottom of the frag. It’s not far from my WD and has create PE.

Should I move it? Re-mount it on its side so it can encrust? It’s my Star Killer from @coralreeftank. I’ve had it for about 8 months and nothing.

Right after I got it back in August:
2e9680990ca0075f6091b043131fc49a.jpg


Here’s today (sorry for the phone pic, but you’ll get the idea)
cfaff3550a9afeeb42478398af06126b.jpg
 
I would clip it if the coraline is encrusting up the coral. Then glue it to a fresh frag plug so it doesn’t have to compete with it.
 
I would clip it if the coraline is encrusting up the coral. Then glue it to a fresh frag plug so it doesn’t have to compete with it.

When you do new frag do we place corals to a lower right area or leave it in the same zone where the original colony was.

I am wondering if new frags need less light or same light or higher light then mother colony

I ask this because I see people put frag platforms to top of the DT guessing new frags need more light ? Or it is just for easy access etc?

Ps: Author sorry jumped in your topic

Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new