The 240: Out of the ashes a Phoenix shall rise...

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your experience with the store but on the bright side you got this great 240 gallon tank and lots of livestock at wholesale prices! Plus I think you gave Joe at Glass Cages a boost in sales and exposure to lots of new potential customers! Glad you are okay and the pain will fade over the dream. Still think your idea with the tanks for veterans was and is a great idea. Perhaps this is the way to pay it forward in the future!

I am attending a memorial for a young veteran who could no longer take this world and checked out. Great young man that was a Marine but that was only part of who he was! I am humbled to be included in the small private gathering to honor his life.

I am sorry for the loss. I lost a very close friend last year for the same reason.

we drained the pool today and sold the 12 foot tank. @timlawdo came down from Kentucky to take the floating wall tanks to storage at his place.

I am mentally and physically exhausted but still have a few more days of this to contend with. A week from Thursday Sherry and I are going to the beach for a few days. That will help a lot.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about done emptying the store.

I have a bunch of tanks in the holding area to sell. a couple 55s and a few 20 long and 10 gallons and the racks.

The rest will be tear out and trash removal.

My tank seems to be doing well except the curse of the centropyge. I have had bad luck for over a decade with them and the multicolor was no different. Was eating find Saturday, Sunday laying on the sand bed dead as a door knocker. I wonder why that is the only type of fish I can't keep alive? Anyway, no more angelfish for me. I am going to order some springeri soon and that will complete the collection of fish for a while.

ATO parts come in today but it will have to wait until at least tomorrow for me to get it going. Oh well, I need to exercize of toting a bucket every day. LOL!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention (or given the stroke I may have) My son and I and 4 other folks are coming up to the Knoxville area on the 26th. If anyone is in the area that wants to meet up and sell frags, especially torches, frog spawn and zoas, let me know what ya have and how much. We also want to visit LFS while we are in the area so give me some names and addresses if you would.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I was closer, I'd give you a piece of this....

Torch7.jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. And that naso is oddly familiar and looking good as well. Will he eat out of your hand yet? If not, put on red nail polish. Might remind it of Kristy feeding it.

Well, if you call attacking the nori before I can put it back on the wall eating out of my hand, then yes, yes he is. ;)

He is definitely the star of the show and knows it.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if you call attacking the nori before I can put it back on the wall eating out of my hand, then yes, yes he is. ;)

He is definitely the star of the show and knows it.
I need to get you some of my graciliria to grow in your sump. He will about come out of a tank for it.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get you some of my graciliria to grow in your sump. He will about come out of a tank for it.

Yes! I will grow it in the display fuge I am working on.

I decided to go with a rimless 10 gallon instead of the half 10 so I can have more sand and mud for the mangrove.

When it out grows that, I will probably go with a very low stand and a custom made tank that's 22x22x12 because that's what will fit next to the 240. Should look cool. I just need to get the acrylic

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eagle_Steve I will forever be in your debt for Tiny. I would have only done a 125 if it hadn't been for him. If that isn't love I don't know what is. :)
You are not in my debt for him. I am in yours for giving him a good home. He went through qt and h2o2 like a champ and that was fun, as he is huge and peroxide for that much water is well, a lot lol. Kristy is especially happy he has a good home and she now hates my Achilles lol.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not in my debt for him. I am in yours for giving him a good home. He went through qt and h2o2 like a champ and that was fun, as he is huge and peroxide for that much water is well, a lot lol. Kristy is especially happy he has a good home and she now hates my Achilles lol.

Well tell her to come visit him! He loves the new digs. I used more open rockwork this time and he has so much more swimming space.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home yesterday from Orange beach. Sherry got stung on the arm and I picked up a jellyfish to keep a kid from getting stung. Other than that, a really fun trip.

My son took good care of the 240 and I appreciate that.

Got plans to get some more stuff done to it this week and have to go to GC to pick up a tank for a customer from the store. The deal was made long before we closed.

I am also going to pick up white trim while I am there for the 240 because it was built to be in wall, you can see the silicone and bracing on the top and I don't like it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How's the tank overall?

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention (or given the stroke I may have) My son and I and 4 other folks are coming up to the Knoxville area on the 26th. If anyone is in the area that wants to meet up and sell frags, especially torches, frog spawn and zoas, let me know what ya have and how much. We also want to visit LFS while we are in the area so give me some names and addresses if you would.
To bad you won’t be coming up to Asheville again I got a couple torches that need pruning

23886C95-0DE5-40F0-8090-31C249DBB1CF.png

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Glass Cages yesterday and had a short but good visit with Joe and Todd. I wish we saw each other more often.

Picked up a customer's 360 gallon tank and the refugium tank and hauled it back to their house.

I also nabbed white trim to go around my 240 and an 18" acrylic cube to go next to the 240 as a show refugium. It's not really big enough I just want to try my hand at show macro algae.

We finished getting stuff out of the store today so it's officially over. I am glad to wrap things up but, when my buddy started cutting the shark pool up, I winced and almost cried.

Back