The 240: Out of the ashes a Phoenix shall rise...

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look forward to following your build.

Thanks!

Although now comes the boring parts: wire management, dosing setup and then skirting the stand.

But, it is necessary so it'll get posted with pics.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not get your video to play so I am anxiously awaiting your pictures!

I will take more when the filter gets here. They just don't turn out well enough... too blue.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the jaebo gyre put in. It’s dead silent and moves a good amount of water but I didn’t read it’s only good for 5 foot tanks. I will try the icecap and see how it does. Or maybe both?

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was growing a mangrove in the shark pool and I decided I am going to bring it home. I have an acrylic tank that's half a 10 gallon on a stand that I am going to drill and do a low flow to it from the sump. I just ordered mineral mud and I will mix that with some caribsea live sand and light it with a custom pendant.

Should serve a few purposes:

Cool looking Mangrove display
trace element replacement
pod growth
nitrate control
a place for a jaw fish or something else interesting that would get lost in a 240

I am going to paint the stand to it and get it setup in the next couple days. Today is wire management and finish setting up the skimmer and top off unit.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best I could get with the aquarium camera app

B2C64046-602F-4409-B3A7-E8C33E544169.jpeg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The polyplab filter came in early!

Will take pics tonight.

I am trying to find Springeri damsels. I need 3 to go with the four I have. Let me know if you find some. And I need two barred dart gobies to go with the one I have.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eagle_Steve check out tiny! He’s doing great
I am sooooo glad he is. Wonderful friendly fish, my Achilles was just not gonna have it. Never seen gouges on an acclimation box before. Nasty large scalpels will do it I guess lol.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry to hear about your store. I know you put a ton of work into it, and it showed. I always think of it when I look at the captive bred blue tang I got from you. She's grown so much since March!

For the non-Apex AWC, I've heard a lot of people use Liter Meter, and then there's an Auto Water Change thing out there on Marine Depot or something. I don't know if the pumps that come with that one would be big enough for what you're trying to do though, but I'm sure you could adjust or put bigger pumps or something.

Tank is coming along great and I can't wait to see how it continues to progress.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry to hear about your store. I know you put a ton of work into it, and it showed. I always think of it when I look at the captive bred blue tang I got from you. She's grown so much since March!

For the non-Apex AWC, I've heard a lot of people use Liter Meter, and then there's an Auto Water Change thing out there on Marine Depot or something. I don't know if the pumps that come with that one would be big enough for what you're trying to do though, but I'm sure you could adjust or put bigger pumps or something.

Tank is coming along great and I can't wait to see how it continues to progress.

Thanks bud! I appreciate the kudos. It was a pleasure dealing with you.

I test marketed the AWC thing and it didn't work out Contsant fiddling just like that brand of ATO. Both are in a bucket in the storage closet. LOL

I am going to use a second jebao 3.4 wifi doser. They will handle up to about 8 liters a day per head. So I will alternate heads and see if that works out. I have seen a video of someone who has been using one but he didn't describe it in enough detail.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thats too bad and sad to hear but like many. . . not a surprising circumstance. Covid hurt many in Many ways

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back