OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well so far he's still alive. He was upside down in the sump, now he's right side up, breathing, and looking around when I put the flashlight on to give him a look. Maybe he'll recover.. Way too early to say for now. But he's sitting right side up on top of my bio media in about 3" of water, so he's fully submerged but doesn't exactly have room to swim. I figured it would give him the best opportunity to rest up. I'm hoping he doesn't get restless and try and jump into my return pump or something stupid.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well so far he's still alive. He was upside down in the sump, now he's right side up, breathing, and looking around when I put the flashlight on to give him a look. Maybe he'll recover.. Way too early to say for now. But he's sitting right side up on top of my bio media in about 3" of water, so he's fully submerged but doesn't exactly have room to swim. I figured it would give him the best opportunity to rest up. I'm hoping he doesn't get restless and try and jump into my return pump or something stupid.
Fingers crossed that he pulls through!

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is full, 17 more corals on the way. Structure should be here by then though!

b335da6a100da5d7766a96bae0f104b9.jpg
339f8edb01149a082a323be6a9d9dbbe.jpg
860083ac91a7bc5ef09401a41b14fe5b.jpg

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be time to upgrade soon!
If only I had room. I will be converting my frag tank I to SPS and acans only soon so that should help. But when my bonsai structure arrives I'll be able to place at least 60 corals on the "rockwork"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the su burst. Hope he finds a way to recover. :(

That list is just.. insano.
He's in the frag tank. I've had a melanurus recover so he'll either live out his life lounging around in the frag tank or recover enough to get back in the tank. He's not eating yet, but we'll see.

Also, I have a shroom from Legendary Corals called the Insano Bounce lol.

This is just about 85% of my SPS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking very happy and healthy, I also can't wait to see the structure in place. :)
Me too!

It's been a long time coming.. it will look instantly better lol. I'll be able to get some coral placed and the algae will be gone for a bit

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following and excited for doing a shallow reef build myself except planning to go mixed reef

My tank is technically mixed reef, as the frag tank is connected and full of LPS and softies!

Mixed reefs are incredibly easy. You're not supposed to chase numbers for SPS, that's a myth from yesteryear.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back