The Mediocreef

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm pondering going back Sunday after church. I will again be unattended. I kinda want to see how long it takes her to find the new coral...

12? 5" across.

Why start now?
My store is having a freshwater plant swap with shrimp and potentially some salt stuff. I'll be returning Sunday after church as well. Might even let her talk me out of a few more of the $5 corals... :winking-face-with-tongue:

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim Carrey Hello GIF

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So good news! It wasn't overly dangerous. They sold the DJ Tang before I got there so I didn't buy one BUT they had a $5 rack and some blue leg and Margarita snails for $0.75. I got me a Rainbow Monti and a Meteor Shower Cyphastrea for $5 each plus a couple of the blue legs and Margaritas. Under $20. Unfortunately they didn't have Reef Plus or Reef Trace which is what I went for...
I am finding that those (plus and trace) are making quite a difference in the tank.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I get through a few more bags of salt I'm going to try the moonshiners method. The response I have had to the trace has been amazing so going to try it in a couple months.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I get through a few more bags of salt I'm going to try the moonshiners method. The response I have had to the trace has been amazing so going to try it in a couple months.
I was looking at moonshiners a while back before my reef tank went south. I’d be curious to see how you like it. Be sure to let us know when you do try it.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at moonshiners a while back before my reef tank went south. I’d be curious to see how you like it. Be sure to let us know when you do try it.
Oh, looky, a lady who posts all kinds of pictures of cocktails she drinks was looking at moonshiners. There’s a big shock! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you didn't ask me, but I like it. Mostly because I HATE waterchanges and this helps with needing that quite so much.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you didn't ask me, but I like it. Mostly because I HATE waterchanges and this helps with needing that quite so much.
No worries. The more input the better.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of points:
I might take a look at the moonshiners method again. I don't like water changes and i can only make about 5 gallons at a time.

I will likely end the foxy and angel qt this weekend. I'm sure it hasn't been 30 days of copper, but it has been 3 weeks and haven't seen anything. Anyone know NY Aquatics qt policies? I could probably email them, but shouting into the void is more fun.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of points:
I might take a look at the moonshiners method again. I don't like water changes and i can only make about 5 gallons at a time.

I will likely end the foxy and angel qt this weekend. I'm sure it hasn't been 30 days of copper, but it has been 3 weeks and haven't seen anything. Anyone know NY Aquatics qt policies? I could probably email them, but shouting into the void is more fun.
"but shouting into the void is more fun." :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back