The Mediocreef

I'm pondering going back Sunday after church. I will again be unattended. I kinda want to see how long it takes her to find the new coral...

12? 5" across.

Why start now?
My store is having a freshwater plant swap with shrimp and potentially some salt stuff. I'll be returning Sunday after church as well. Might even let her talk me out of a few more of the $5 corals... :winking-face-with-tongue:
 
I'm pondering going back Sunday after church. I will again be unattended. I kinda want to see how long it takes her to find the new coral...

12? 5" across.

Why start now?
I like to keep it spicy
 
Jim Carrey Hello GIF
 
So good news! It wasn't overly dangerous. They sold the DJ Tang before I got there so I didn't buy one BUT they had a $5 rack and some blue leg and Margarita snails for $0.75. I got me a Rainbow Monti and a Meteor Shower Cyphastrea for $5 each plus a couple of the blue legs and Margaritas. Under $20. Unfortunately they didn't have Reef Plus or Reef Trace which is what I went for...
I am finding that those (plus and trace) are making quite a difference in the tank.
 
I got Plus yesterday. Hoping to see some turn around on a couple things.
 
Once I get through a few more bags of salt I'm going to try the moonshiners method. The response I have had to the trace has been amazing so going to try it in a couple months.
 
Once I get through a few more bags of salt I'm going to try the moonshiners method. The response I have had to the trace has been amazing so going to try it in a couple months.
I was looking at moonshiners a while back before my reef tank went south. I’d be curious to see how you like it. Be sure to let us know when you do try it.
 
I was looking at moonshiners a while back before my reef tank went south. I’d be curious to see how you like it. Be sure to let us know when you do try it.
Oh, looky, a lady who posts all kinds of pictures of cocktails she drinks was looking at moonshiners. There’s a big shock! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
I was looking at moonshiners a while back before my reef tank went south. I’d be curious to see how you like it. Be sure to let us know when you do try it.
I know you didn't ask me, but I like it. Mostly because I HATE waterchanges and this helps with needing that quite so much.
 
A couple of points:
I might take a look at the moonshiners method again. I don't like water changes and i can only make about 5 gallons at a time.

I will likely end the foxy and angel qt this weekend. I'm sure it hasn't been 30 days of copper, but it has been 3 weeks and haven't seen anything. Anyone know NY Aquatics qt policies? I could probably email them, but shouting into the void is more fun.
 
A couple of points:
I might take a look at the moonshiners method again. I don't like water changes and i can only make about 5 gallons at a time.

I will likely end the foxy and angel qt this weekend. I'm sure it hasn't been 30 days of copper, but it has been 3 weeks and haven't seen anything. Anyone know NY Aquatics qt policies? I could probably email them, but shouting into the void is more fun.
"but shouting into the void is more fun." :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new