OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought i read some of the bio blocks from brightwell leaked out tin and or aluminium.
found this just now. Might pull the marinepure. will probably get a heavy metal remover.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found this just now. Might pull the marinepure. will probably get a heavy metal remover.
I wasn't sure the "brand name" of the block. Sorry.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An unexpectedly quick arrival yesterday, this morning..., what time is it, what is happening?
IMG_20230614_021234344_HDR.jpg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An unexpectedly quick arrival yesterday, this morning..., what time is it, what is happening?
IMG_20230614_021234344_HDR.jpg
Congratulations! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes::)! Future reef keeper! He’s lovely!

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's complicated for sure. We do the best we can on the fly.
It was chaos at the start. We had meconium and she was preeclamptic so the meds we didn't want, and no one wants, had to jump on. She was BA though!
Congratulations!!!!! How's momma doing?
Good. Magnesium came off last night and she's sleeping now. About to wake for for a trip to baby for feeding. Thanks for the prayers too!
awesome! congrats!
wes anderson GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Congrats!

Congrats...:smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
First born correct ?...:)

Congratulations! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes::)! Future reef keeper! He’s lovely!

Thank you all. Frank, yes the first, and reef keeper for sure. I've already got a blanket home for dog introductions.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was chaos at the start. We had meconium and she was preeclamptic so the meds we didn't want, and no one wants, had to jump on. She was BA though!
Yuh, I had preeclampsia. It goes away pretty quick after birth.

Praying for mom and baby to be fully healthy. Mom should recover quickly now.

First year is so hard. You'll get through this
Homer Simpson Hug GIF

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuh, I had preeclampsia. It goes away pretty quick after birth.

Praying for mom and baby to be fully healthy. Mom should recover quickly now.

First year is so hard. You'll get through this
Homer Simpson Hug GIF
Thank you. Prayers are always welcome. We're trying to get feeding now.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Prayers are always welcome. We're trying to get feeding now.
First of all congrats!!! Glad both baby and momma are ok!!!!!
Tell her to hang in there with any feeding difficulties. They have both been through a lot and as a first go around, they both are learning as they go. It wasn’t as “instinctual” as what I imagined. My first go around was really rough for the first couple of weeks. Like rough rough! My son wasn’t early though so that could add another layer of challenges. Sending all my positive vibes your way!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My daughter was a week late and refused to latch but her blood sugar levels were good so the doctor said she just wasn't hungry. My son was just over 4 weeks early and refused to latch because the stupid nurse stuck a bottle in his mouth almost immediately. The lactation consultant said we had a lawsuit if we wanted but chances are my wife wasn't even producing yet since he was premie. We left it alone and did formula with him unfortunately.

It was easier on my wife anyway - his was a difficult C Section for her and it took a few days for her recovery.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all congrats!!! Glad both baby and momma are ok!!!!!
Tell her to hang in there with any feeding difficulties. They have both been through a lot and as a first go around, they both are learning as they go. It wasn’t as “instinctual” as what I imagined. My first go around was really rough for the first couple of weeks. Like rough rough! My son wasn’t early though so that could add another layer of challenges. Sending all my positive vibes your way!

My daughter was a week late and refused to latch but her blood sugar levels were good so the doctor said she just wasn't hungry. My son was just over 4 weeks early and refused to latch because the stupid nurse stuck a bottle in his mouth almost immediately. The lactation consultant said we had a lawsuit if we wanted but chances are my wife wasn't even producing yet since he was premie. We left it alone and did formula with him unfortunately.

It was easier on my wife anyway - his was a difficult C Section for her and it took a few days for her recovery.

Thanks for the works of encouragement! I just kicked mom out the NICU to feed herself and at handoff baby started making feeding moves. We got a psych and sucking for five minutes! Next feeding is 2 and he seems hungry. Sleeping now but restless with mouth movements like he eat if there were food.
Congratulations!
Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back