The real Black Box light study

JUNICHI YAMASAKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what I was thinking. I am not sure that's exactly what it is. But, if it is, I think this could be THE thing that will help a lot of folks out with black box hot spots. That, and removing the lenses.
  • You do not need to take off the straight lens. LED light → concentration → is scattered.
    It is a lens of the extreme popularity in Japan.

JUNICHI YAMASAKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that Junichi lives in Japan, so probably not. But it could be very similar thing in the end.

When it comes to removing lenses, I read quite few reports that PAR dropped off significantly when lenses were removed. Folks that tried that put lenses back in, or changed them for 120 degree ones. Dont remember now who was it, but it was on R2R for sure.
  • The straight lens of 90 degrees does a device. It is a scattered lens of straight lens +bepin-sango.
    A wavelength is not mixed in the flight recorder. A disco dance. I think that the lens cover is necessary.

JUNICHI YAMASAKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I measured par on one a while back. with and without lenses, Yes, PAR dropped off at the bottom of a 22" tall tank but not enough to put the lenses back on all the leds. It made the color blending so much better it was worth it to me.

Maybe with the diffuser the lenses can be left on and get better blending and no lose as much PAR. We shall see. I will measure when my cube gets setup.

• You're right. = solution to nominate 15% of 15% down → main force for with a diffuser.
    It is the same as T5 to be scattered. As for the concentration of the light, the LED gives stress to coral.

JUNICHI YAMASAKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get those diffusers from?

AFAICT they sell them for about $35US each...
BUT seems there is some "restriction" as to who can buy them..

Basicailly a sheet of ancillary lenses and it's attached by magnets to the light.

converts say 90 to 120 degrees w/ of course "mixing" of colors due to the small size area..
advertised as thicker than standard "big box hardware" stuff..and of course cut and polished radis-ed..

good concept..
  • You're right. Thank you very much for your advice.

JUNICHI YAMASAKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you start a gofundme so we can send you donations for the study? Wouldn't mind pitching in a few bucks so you can purchase a few of the units. I'm sure others wouldn't mind. I'm liking an unbiased review on the whole thing :).
  • I want to sell it in American Amazon.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, at $40 per light, I think I will just try regular prismatic diffuser and see how it looks. It's $11 for a 2x4 sheet worth a shot and not out a lot of money if it doesn't work.

These lights work without one so I stand only to gain if it works. :D

JUNICHI YAMASAKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, at $40 per light, I think I will just try regular prismatic diffuser and see how it looks. It's $11 for a 2x4 sheet worth a shot and not out a lot of money if it doesn't work.

• Please report a result! Pleasing (*^^*)

Todvod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where are you purchasing that diffuser?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back