Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GAME CHANGER - may have to leave work early just to pick up some of those diffusers!

Exactly what I was thinking. I am not sure that's exactly what it is. But, if it is, I think this could be THE thing that will help a lot of folks out with black box hot spots. That, and removing the lenses.

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that just light diffuser panel from Home Depot or Lowes?

I believe that Junichi lives in Japan, so probably not. But it could be very similar thing in the end.

When it comes to removing lenses, I read quite few reports that PAR dropped off significantly when lenses were removed. Folks that tried that put lenses back in, or changed them for 120 degree ones. Dont remember now who was it, but it was on R2R for sure.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that Junichi lives in Japan, so probably not. But it could be very similar thing in the end.

When it comes to removing lenses, I read quite few reports that PAR dropped off significantly when lenses were removed. Folks that tried that put lenses back in, or changed them for 120 degree ones. Dont remember now who was it, but it was on R2R for sure.

I measured par on one a while back. with and without lenses, Yes, PAR dropped off at the bottom of a 22" tall tank but not enough to put the lenses back on all the leds. It made the color blending so much better it was worth it to me.

Maybe with the diffuser the lenses can be left on and get better blending and no lose as much PAR. We shall see. I will measure when my cube gets setup.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you(*^)(*^-^*)ゞ
Where do you get those diffusers from?
What are those diffusers?

AFAICT they sell them for about $35US each...
BUT seems there is some "restriction" as to who can buy them..

Basicailly a sheet of ancillary lenses and it's attached by magnets to the light.

converts say 90 to 120 degrees w/ of course "mixing" of colors due to the small size area..
advertised as thicker than standard "big box hardware" stuff..and of course cut and polished radis-ed..

good concept..

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you start a gofundme so we can send you donations for the study? Wouldn't mind pitching in a few bucks so you can purchase a few of the units. I'm sure others wouldn't mind. I'm liking an unbiased review on the whole thing :).

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get those diffusers from?

AFAICT they sell them for about $35US each...
BUT seems there is some "restriction" as to who can buy them..

Basicailly a sheet of ancillary lenses and it's attached by magnets to the light.

converts say 90 to 120 degrees w/ of course "mixing" of colors due to the small size area..
advertised as thicker than standard "big box hardware" stuff..and of course cut and polished radis-ed..

good concept..

Where did you find them? I would like to see the information on them.

Thanks!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%

Back