The Show "Tanked", I just cant ....

sureal00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the show.The tanks are nice even if they put coral inserts inside.Just the building what the customers want is interesting.

MaiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never watched the show, but the wine bottle tank they did at my local shop is cool, but too blurry to really enjoy, but it is super cool the wine comes out the bottom. The LFS takes care of the all the tanks they have there and they look great.

vertigo01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The show is over acted. Although the builds ( what little they show of them ) are neat ( is a diff sort of way ) I would rather they show the every day Joe builds along with more education as it pertains to aquatic husbandry, rather than the "Gawdy" less educational builds.
The 1 plus about the show is, at least Agnes is very easy one the eyes.;)

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also under the impression that they do an instant cycle. I have done that on all of my reef tanks with amazing success. I do not use live sand, I use dry rock and I use Dr. Tim's One and Only. I have fish and coral in the tank within days!
IT must be possible you dont see people setting up tanks months before frag swaps and meetings ..

Squirrel_reefer

Call me Squirrel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never watched the show, but the wine bottle tank they did at my local shop is cool, but too blurry to really enjoy, but it is super cool the wine comes out the bottom. The LFS takes care of the all the tanks they have there and they look great.
IT must be possible you dont see people setting up tanks months before frag swaps and meetings ..

ive seen that one

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The show "Tanked" is on. Said it before and Ill say it again ....good lord I just can't watch that show. Absolutely terrible on so many levels.

Stinks too cause any chance I get to look at reef tanks, fish, etc I will gladly take advantage of. ...

...but lord is it bad! [emoji30]
Id watch iT just too see Heather and Agnes !!!

reefrider777

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the Claw House tank in Murrells Inlet, SC had a complete loss after they put fish in the system. They still are trying to restock it. Now you have a huge tank with very little fish in it. Basically a big bucket of water and some decorations.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the Claw House tank in Murrells Inlet, SC had a complete loss after they put fish in the system. They still are trying to restock it. Now you have a huge tank with very little fish in it. Basically a big bucket of water and some decorations.
:oops:

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The show is over acted. Although the builds ( what little they show of them ) are neat ( is a diff sort of way ) I would rather they show the every day Joe builds along with more education as it pertains to aquatic husbandry, rather than the "Gawdy" less educational builds.
The 1 plus about the show is, at least Agnes is very easy one the eyes.;)
Love me some Agnes!!

govolsguy31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sometimesee watch it muted but still can't take looking at those two! Just show the buills and the fish! The antics and so annoying!
Yea, I'm in the same boat. I like to see what they do, but they get on my nerves. I've been known to watch the first 3 minutes, fast-forward to when they fly to Sea Dwelling Creatures and then fast-forward again to the last five minutes. I can watch an episode in about 9 minutes flat. LOL. They're so corny its almost embarrassing.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who got into the hobby because of the show. I watched it a few years ago and thought, that's neat and down the rabbit hole I went!
It's like any reality show, most of the antics are scripted for ratings.
Miss Salwater on the other hand is legit. Did anyone see the video about her personal struggles? Look for
" why do I speak so slow" Inspiring.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who got into the hobby because of the show. I watched it a few years ago and thought, that's neat and down the rabbit hole I went!
It's like any reality show, most of the antics are scripted for ratings.
Miss Salwater on the other hand is legit. Did anyone see the video about her personal struggles? Look for
" why do I speak so slow" Inspiring.
got me int the hobby as well.......posted it above.

bwmalloy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with most of the comments. I HATE the fake coral inserts. I understand it is the best way to fully customize a tank, which is their big money business but I would love to see a "normal" high-end tank once in a while. When this show first started they showed the making of tanks for wealthy people, not popular people. Some of these people wanted something nice in their home and not necessarily themed. That was fun to watch. I would like to see more of the construction in the shop and more of the details of the installation. But, keep in mind, "WE," the enthusiasts on this forum, are not their real target audience. We don't represent the mass of people that watch that show. It's similar to a police office watching a TV drama about the police. They will find a lot that is "creative licensing."

quik95lt1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been to ATM on one of my Vegas trips, they do a heck of a job there, a lot of that fish going in instantly is more TV stuff and not exactly how it goes down, if the TV showed them cycling and waiting and all the real time that we know is involved no one would watch it, I know a lot of it is TV and I get it, personally I think its an entertaining show I watch it all the time

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't watched the show in quite a long time. Just got too redundant for me.

I need to watch the show again and pay attention to how they set up the filtration. I don't recall seeing them ever put live rock in a system which would be the traditional way to skip cycle. They could do the same thing with their bacteria product, but what media is the bacteria growing in?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an TV show I am sure they are doing what the production company wants them to do. I know several other people in the business that tried out for the show producers and didn't get the job. I liked Fish tank Kings on Nat Geo better. Hey watch my friend Jim Stime's LA Fish Guys youtube channel and watch a real aquarium show. :)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 100 76.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back