The Tenecor® Desktop AIO Drop Off DIY Drops April 13th, 2024

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wantz in on this one please~ :smiling-face-with-halo:

And yes i wanted to setup a shrimp tank.
But pico's are perfect for shrimp.
They don't like too much flow, and they don't require too much space.
They only need a couple of plants with aquasoil type substrate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats nice for small fish. Shrimplets may still get through. Do you know if anyone has used them for caridina or neocaridina shrimp? I may be wrong but those babies are tiny.
Foam sponge or our media Floss balls will keep them out.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooo I still don't know where I'm putting the one I just got, but I'm interested in seeing this setup and potentially purchasing as well :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Futurama Buy GIF

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Reefers!

IMG_0034.jpeg
Here is the first sketchup. My goal for this DIY is for everyone to have a quality build that is designed into the product. Rather than having everyone rig their own jigs and fixtures. Before we start boiling this down, what does everyone think about doing a tank with black bottom and black sides? The back wall will have an aio attached to it.

Post in thread 'The Tenecor® Pico DIY Drops March 2nd, 2024'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-tenecor®-pico-diy-drops-march-2nd-2024.1034052/post-12287985

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Reefers!

IMG_0034.jpeg
Here is the first sketchup. My goal for this DIY is for everyone to have a quality build that is designed into the product. Rather than having everyone rig their own jigs and fixtures. Before we start boiling this down, what does everyone think about doing a tank with black bottom and black sides? The back wall will have an aio attached to it.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-tenecor®-pico-diy-drops-march-2nd-2024.1034052/post-12287985
Bottom makes sense, but I am not sure about the sides. Would the drop be free hanging or need to be supported from below? If free hanging, and it was placed in the middle of a table, I would want to see both sides. With the AIO on the back, that can be either black or clear.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bottom makes sense, but I am not sure about the sides. Would the drop be free hanging or need to be supported from below? If free hanging, and it was placed in the middle of a table, I would want to see both sides. With the AIO on the back, that can be either black or clear.
This tank is going to be one of three desktop drop-offs we will be offering as factory assembled. The three factory assembled sizes will have those options you mentioned. For this DIY though, the reason I mention the possible black sides is to cover up welding goof ups. This DIY will be the tab and notch design which makes lining up the parts and maintaining the geometries a lot easier. I want everyone to have a show piece when they are finished.

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Reefers!

IMG_0034.jpeg

I would be fine with this except I'd prefer having that "front" panel be clear. That way it still gives the ability to view from the front OR side.

Everclear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should've read all the posts first...the reason I wanted in on this in this first place is because I wanted to do a sexy shrimp tank so I'm in for the shrimp!

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have to buy a strip heater....
Bad idea. won't help. Bend your arm tightly. See the flare at the elbow? Acrylic does the same thing. That flare needs to be machined off before the top and bottom are attached. We use super double secret technologies to do that. Double Secret.

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad idea. won't help. Bend your arm tightly. See the flare at the elbow? Acrylic does the same thing. That flare needs to be machined off before the top and bottom are attached. We use super double secret technologies to do that. Double Secret.
I build stuff it might not be right but ill figure it out lol

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 84 48.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back