The Tenecor® Desktop AIO Drop Off DIY Drops April 13th, 2024

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to stay in the 15 inch envelope. Suggestions on shelf/ledge dims? Or if we want to do it right, maybe extend the dimensions to 18x11x15
18x11x15 work out better for decent size shelf and bottom area for corals.
10.5 x 9 shelf, 10.5 x 8.25 lower. Many Drop posts stated anything 6-7in wide was tight.

Shelf height at least 8.5 below top allows for an AIO if desired. Could be 3sided drop in.
Back wall AIO = 7x9 shelf
End wall AIO = 10.5 x 5.5
1710266876379.png
1710268245186.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
18x11x15 work out better for decent size shelf and bottom area for corals.
10.5 x 9 shelf, 10.5 x 8.25 lower. Many Drop posts stated anything 6-7in wide was tight.

Shelf height at least 8.5 below top allows for an AIO if desired. Could be 3sided drop in.
Back wall AIO = 7x9 shelf
End wall AIO = 10.5 x 5.5
1710266876379.png
I will review. Thanks for this.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will review. Thanks for this.
Latest renders, pending dims review. Getting close. Again, to repeat, this is one of three sizes we will be offering. All the sizes will have additional variants.
15x11x15 Drop Off Tank - 3 1.jpg
15x11x15 Drop Off Tank - 2 1.jpg
15x11x15 Drop Off Tank - 1 1.jpg

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each time i decide im gonna buy that pico you bring out something that looks nicer..

lol...

I went from planning on buying the orignal pico, to the new curved one, and now this step version seems even cooler.

Didn't eshopps have a tank simular to this a while back ago?

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each time i decide im gonna buy that pico you bring out something that looks nicer..

lol...

I went from planning on buying the orignal pico, to the new curved one, and now this step version seems even cooler.

Didn't eshopps have a tank simular to this a while back ago?
Wait till you see the DIY sumps. Those drops are coming next. Other brand s Pre-built sumps that go for $900 plus for a fraction of that our versions.

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest renders, pending dims review. Getting close. Again, to repeat, this is one of three sizes we will be offering. All the sizes will have additional variants.
3 SIZES....
Would love to have them! But could you let us know rough sizes so we can jump on the right discount code for size desired in case only getting one or two?

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 SIZES....
Would love to have them! But could you let us know rough sizes so we can jump on the right discount code for size desired in case only getting one or two?
This would be good cause im sure divorce will cost more than me getting all the tanks...

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will there be a larger diy version?

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait till you see the DIY sumps. Those drops are coming next. Other brand s Pre-built sumps that go for $900 plus for a fraction of that our versions.
Man, I’m on the verge of upgrading tanks and if you provided a diy sump I’m there!! I built my first sump about 15 years ago out of acrylic I had a company cut pieces for.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I’m on the verge of upgrading tanks and if you provided a diy sump I’m there!! I built my first sump about 15 years ago out of acrylic I had a company cut pieces for.
There are some high priced brands out there that would be good candidates for inspiration. If you noticed our sump selection, they are relatively no firlls. We sell a lot of them but again, the shipping is outrageous for two reasons. One, we crate all of our tanks and sumps. All of them including the little pre built pico get crated. Crated, not boxed. Two you still end up getting killed by the dimensional weight charges. Diy sumps will work. We have designed a few sizes and built them but never took them further. Rule of thumb, expect to pay no more than 35% for a diy kit of a full featured large sump. For example, a $900 sump would be a little over $300 as diy. And don't forget our "do over" guarantee.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some high priced brands out there that would be good candidates for inspiration. If you noticed our sump selection, they are relatively no firlls. We sell a lot of them but again, the shipping is outrageous for two reasons. One, we crate all of our tanks and sumps. All of them including the little pre built pico get crated. Crated, not boxed. Two you still end up getting killed by the dimensional weight charges. Diy sumps will work. We have designed a few sizes and built them but never took them further. Rule of thumb, expect to pay no more than 35% for a diy kit of a full featured large sump. For example, a $900 sump would be a little over $300 as diy. And don't forget our "do over" guarantee.
Oh, fleece rollers. Another one that begs for a DIY.

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the diy because there are always features in the premade that I wish I could change.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see all this brainstorming/tank designing happening again with @Tenecor Aquariums.

I'm thinking cylindrical AIO...

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice to see all this brainstorming/tank designing happening again with @Tenecor Aquariums.

I'm thinking cylindrical AIO...
With the AIO chamber in the middle? A suspended air driven AIO chamber instead of a pump driven!

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to use 40B's for sumps. Back in the days of the dollar a gallon sale. If someone cut it, I'd definitely go custom acrylic.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to use 40B's for sumps. Back in the days of the dollar a gallon sale. If someone cut it, I'd definitely go custom acrylic.
draw it up. let's take a look. triton, wet/dry. ato included, fleece roller compatible. all the ideas you guys have. this stuff costs too much.

Back