...THE THING ABOUT FACEBOOK...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Clownman727

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Facebook coral auctions are out of control. I just watched an acropora frag sell for $70 and about two weeks ago the same coral from the same seller sold for $400. How can anyone determine a fair price with these types of shenanigans going on?!!!!!

Mael

Bridgeburner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no such thing as a fair price on frags like that, its the combo of how low the seller wants to go at the time and how much the buyer wants it right then. Just from LFS to LFS and then compared to online similar frags vary by great amounts.

As to the subject I definitely find good uses on FB but at the same time I can get FB overload very easily with all the crap on there. I try to keep it simple, basic friend communication, local events(beer/foodtruck fests) and checking local reef pages occasionally. Id say any time you go on facebook what you are looking for is only 3% of what you actually see on there.

Shameless_Dood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped my fb account a couple years ago. What surprised me was how much extra time I found in the day.

Here's the thing with fb...for those of you old enough when the internet just started to become popular, people would forward emails and for the most part they were obnoxious. Sometimes funny, but usually obnoxious....how is that any different than liking and sharing?

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that each time I go to FB I’m enraged, disgusted or hopelessly apathetic regarding most posts. Then ask out loud to anyone listening “why do I even look at this stuff?!” As I transfer my angst to carelessly throwing my phone onto the coffee table. What I should do is be and have no “friends”.Keep sites like my LFS who posts incoming livestock which is relevant and be done with all the rest.

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I follow real life friends and stores that I like to shop at.
For those of you who are unhappy with what you see on your Facebook feed.... You know you can "unfollow" people to stay friends day with them, but not show posts on your news feed? Facebook actually gives people a lot of control over what they are seeing on their feed imo.

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I follow real life friends and stores that I like to shop at.
For those of you who are unhappy with what you see on your Facebook feed.... You know you can "unfollow" people to stay friends day with them, but not show posts on your news feed? Facebook actually gives people a lot of control over what they are seeing on their feed imo.

I've unfollowed several people when I couldn't take it anymore. In general, I think the controls they give you to control advertising and suggested posts are pretty weak. My feed is way too cluttered with stuff that has nothing to do with my friends.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm finally glad to see a vendor who isn't engulfed in facebook. I haven't had a facebook in almost 12 years, and I hate facebook with a passion. So when vendors say "Like us on facebook for an entry to win blah blah blah" it really upsets me. Not everyone wants or likes facebook. And so those who have spent ample amounts of money with a company are excluded from a prize drawing because they refuse to get sucked into social media, it just gets me worked up.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm finally glad to see a vendor who isn't engulfed in facebook. I haven't had a facebook in almost 12 years, and I hate facebook with a passion. So when vendors say "Like us on facebook for an entry to win blah blah blah" it really upsets me. Not everyone wants or likes facebook. And so those who have spent ample amounts of money with a company are excluded from a prize drawing because they refuse to get sucked into social media, it just gets me worked up.

Ha! right on. Totally with you. I actually did one of those and the goal was 5k likes, still haven't hit it. lol.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I ahead of the curve on this one?

You're about 8 years behind. FB was dead around 2010-12 for the non-olds.

Once the parents are on it, the kids are off it. They just keep it around so they don't get yelled at for not accepting grandmas friend request.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've intentionally abandoned all social media. I think it's bad for society as a whole. It's not a social thing to do. People are more concerned with taking selfies and posting them on their wall or instagram account then they are with actually saying hello to one another and being present in whatever moment they're in. I encourage everyone to drop facebook and instagram. Be social, reject "social" media.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You're about 8 years behind. FB was dead around 2010-12 for the non-olds.

Once the parents are on it, the kids are off it. They just keep it around so they don't get yelled at for not accepting grandmas friend request.

Ha! yeah your probably right on that one

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've intentionally abandoned all social media. I think it's bad for society as a whole. It's not a social thing to do. People are more concerned with taking selfies and posting them on their wall or instagram account then they are with actually saying hello to one another and being present in whatever moment they're in. I encourage everyone to drop facebook and instagram. Be social, reject "social" media.

Yeah, I am pretty close to this thought process myself.

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since 9-11. Privacy is no longer Private!
Whatever you Google, wherever, and at any time, FB included, in fact, FB is the main format for anyone up to no good. If you have learned that it’s bad to put your kids name on his/her T-shirt, why would you ever paste their pictures on FB or any form of social media.
And Yes, big brother is always watching and listening in!

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use no “social destruction “.

I can call who I want to talk to, or they can call me.

I can send photos via text or email with whom I want to share something with.

I personally don’t need or want anyone else’s drama or to hear about stupid decisions someone made and how they think they got screwed.

I’m 56 and have watched our country and a lot of the world fall to pieces because of it.

Now, there are times when it has helped someone in a desperate situation. It does have potential for good.

But it is far outweighed by the bad and useless.

Was that a rant??!!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's it! I'm unfriending you Adam! :)

LOL it's cool. It's just that I am not that into then whole thing. To all 81 of these guys, I do apologize for leaving you hanging. Definitely not personal. I've got relatives i haven't even accepted lol. I really just don't spend much time over there anymore.

Screenshot 2018-08-07 10.07.03.png

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back