OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Wesson,my Clarkii, takes a chunk of me every time I get my hands in the tank! Funny thing is I forgot most times and he will still shock me when he does it.
Amazing how quickly the clowns get us even though we know its coming

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
grabbed a rock, and got pricked by a bristle worm. beyond that i am trauma-free!
Thats how I got surprised by a bristleworm and how quickly you let go of the rock

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thats how I got surprised by a bristleworm and how quickly you let go of the rock
for me, it was embedded into my finger even after i let go of the rock. my GF came running with tweezers to get if off and to the trash :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon Clown. Percula Clown. Starry Blenny. Lawnmower Blenny.

I don't get bit anymore. I just put my large net in the water and every fish disappears. You would never even know I had any.

Last edited:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot fire coral. Got me in Jamaica and felt like 20 jellyfish stings and not to mention sharp and left me with cuts
I agree, Fire Coral is really horrible stuff and it could grow in huge colonies. But thats why they named it "fire coral" and not "My pillow.com " coral. :oops:

SaltCreepReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beyond the typical bristle worms, clowns and an agressive starry blenny, I had two memorable experiences, one embarrassing and one that borderlines torture. The first incident was while I was rearranging the rock scape working in the bottom of a 26” deep tank, I had a cleaner shrimp start cleaning my armpit, it startled me so bad that I jumped back and being on the top of a step ladder I ended up on my back on the kitchen table and rolling off onto the floor…obviously my wife found it hysterical. The second incident is why I am more cautious about grabbing rocks than I ever was with bristle worms, I have a couple short spine reef urchins which are like a long spine, with shorter spines like 1” long, it was on the underside of a rock I was moving and when I reached around to grab the rock I grabbed the urchin and 2 of the spines went under my fingernails. Game over, it was a bad time. I still have the urchin, I just find him before I do anything in the tank now!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone … every time after the first my reaction is always worse

Foxface messed me up pretty bad for almost 2 weeks

But the worse .. the evil clownfish that is always surprise attacking

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of my clowns would nip at my hands. They would always go in between my fingers, they broke skin multiple times. Until the female jumped and got stuck on my tank lid. I got a replacement and since then they have not bitten me once.

SnazzyUrchin792

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing in my 20g has hurt me yet... but cleaning the African Cichlid tanks at the LFS I work at is horrible. Those Large Mixed Cichlids are especially bad... it's like being bitten by 15 clowns at the same time and there's no way to stop them. I know that those are freshwater fish, but still.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nothing in my 20g has hurt me yet... but cleaning the African Cichlid tanks at the LFS I work at is horrible. Those Large Mixed Cichlids are especially bad... it's like being bitten by 15 clowns at the same time and there's no way to stop them. I know that those are freshwater fish, but still.
They are viscous, rearrange tanks, breed like mice and dig the sand all day

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for a short time i had a breeding group of freshwater stingrays, i got barbed a few times by larger females.

As painful as my last concussion, when i totaled my truck, being bitten by a brown recluse and the time i got around 100 bee stings in 1 sitting, mostly in my face and chest. i kept the barbs, some where 3-4"

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just returning to the hobby, but back 20 years ago I got stung by an anemone in my tank. I thought it was a C. Gigantea at the time, but now I am not so certain that is correct.

Anyway, the tank was in my office, and something caused me to stick a bare hand in nearby to intervene with an "urgent" issue on my way to a meeting. The anemone got ahold of me for the first time ever, and I remember thinking, "That's neat, it really does feel like duct tape".

I got a little concerned in the meeting as a tingling/numb sensation slowly worked it way up to my elbow...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back