The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Cowboys Seahawks not holding your attention? :D

love that earmuff

LOL, forgot to turn the sound off. Pretty boring game so far but at least the 'Boys are ahead at halftime!
 
My Blue Throat Fairy. He is one heck of a beautiful wrasse but so hard to take a good picture of him since he is so fast. 4 hrs and several hundred pictures and this is all I have to show for it.
BlueThroatFairy2016010501.jpg

BlueThroatFairy2016010502.jpg

BlueThroatFairy2016010503.jpg

Wow!! He is awesome!
 
Your flame is turning into a beauty! Who’s the tank boss?

It's been fun to watch the transition from 2" female to male.

There really isn't one among the wrasses, though nobody messes with the Ear Muff. He is so laid back though he never bothers anyone.
 
Looking at all these amazing wrasses makes me want to add more to my tank. I only have a melanarus as of now. My lfs's haven't had much for wrasses.... Is there any online store you could recommend? Thanks
 
OK I plan on adding a few more fish to my 65. Currently I have:
Pair of percula clowns
Flameback angel
Swiss guard basslet
Melanarus wrasse
Mccosker flasher
Yellow wrasse
Flame hawk

Thinking about another Flasher and a fairy.

I think I should be ok but I always like to make sure.
 
OK I plan on adding a few more fish to my 65. Currently I have:
Pair of percula clowns
Flameback angel
Swiss guard basslet
Melanarus wrasse
Mccosker flasher
Yellow wrasse
Flame hawk

Thinking about another Flasher and a fairy.

I think I should be ok but I always like to make sure.
Yup, should be fine.
 
Would it not be advisable to introduce a C. brunneus to a 150g that already houses a C. isosceles? Even though they're both considered low aggression, they come from the same complex?
 
Would it not be advisable to introduce a C. brunneus to a 150g that already houses a C. isosceles? Even though they're both considered low aggression, they come from the same complex?
It should be fine. Use an acclimation box when introducing though. Good luck!
 
It should be fine. Use an acclimation box when introducing though. Good luck!
I haven't purchased a C. brunneus yet but I do like them and think it'd be a nice contrast to the bright pink/orange of the C. isosceles. :)
 
I haven't purchased a C. brunneus yet but I do like them and think it'd be a nice contrast to the bright pink/orange of the C. isosceles. :)
Both are great fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new