The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My next addition chillin at the LFS

20230127_131008.png
When Is the gorgeous wrasse coming home? I sure enjoy mine.....

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first time I saw him since he came in a week ago. As soon as I snapped the pic he dove back into the sand. LFS says he is eating mysis and brine so maybe soon.
Mine was out at my LFS, eating. Once home he hide from me for about a week, then became an open addition, now he is the first to eat. Now he thinks every time I come by the tank I supposed to feed him.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a yellow coris and melanurus be ok in a 73G display, 105G total volume, 4ft long 2ft wide 16inches tall together? There will be two flashers and a fairy in there before they get added
Yes, they will get along fine together, I would add the chrysus first though as Melanurus can be 50/50 with aggression.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I believe I have lost two of my pink streaks, I will hopefully pick up another 3 in the future but I first want to know what went wrong with the original trio as I have yet to find any remains or even a sign of death other than algae but I doubt 2 wrasses as small as them would cause such a bad outbreak.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the difference between C rubeus and C rubriventralis?
IMG_5722.png IMG_5720.png
explain doctor who GIF
The easiest way to explain the difference is C. rubriventralis is only found in the Red Sea whereas C. rubeus is found throughout the Indian Ocean. Similar to the difference between Bipartitus and Marisrubri.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easiest way to explain the difference is C. rubriventralis is only found in the Red Sea whereas C. rubeus is found throughout the Indian Ocean. Similar to the difference between Bipartitus and Marisrubri.
Thanks!!
I was very confused when I came across Rubriventralis in the the book when I was sure it was rubeus. Then google made me even more confused by bringing up the exact same common name and pictures for each.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!
I was very confused when I came across Rubriventralis in the the book when I was sure it was rubeus. Then google made me even more confused by bringing up the exact same common name and pictures for each.
Scott Michael’s book was published before Rubeus was described as a separate species in 2016.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isosceles doesn't have a species designation yet in that book. Still great to look through.
Yeah it’s a good one. I thumb through it often. Same with Kuiter’s book that one is great too even though it’s outdated.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a new indo Lubbock's male today at a different store I haven't been to in a while. Nice and fat, and he's been there since November, which pretty much rules out cyanide collection. Hopefully he does well!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a new indo Lubbock's male today at a different store I haven't been to in a while. Nice and fat, and he's been there since November, which pretty much rules out cyanide collection. Hopefully he does well!
Did you take any pics?

KassScott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is the wrasse thread but since I’ll have way more wrasse.. wrasses?… wrassi?….in this tank than anything and y’all have been so much help that I’m sharing my excitement with y’all here. :star-struck: First additions to the tank. The bigger I’ve had for a while, the smaller I just got. So far they’re chilling together and hopefully pair.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back