Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG... OMG...
@sfin52 You gotta bring in pics of your girl. I saw her in person. She's breath takenly beautiful! The pictures suck so bad for leopard wrasses.

If they eat, you got yourself a bingo! Macropharyngodon choati - chaoti leopard is the hardest I believe, since you have to work on their time schedule.
OK then. Added to the list.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 3 and they are pretty fantastic.
You already convinced me to get a foxface now @Mibu gets the leopard wrasse. @tbrown has to pick something next. Everyone gets to pick a fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Preliminary fish list in no particular order.
20220729_151328.jpg

20220729_151200.jpg

Now I can't lose the list bc it's in my pictures.
Also tested qt for ammonia and nitrate.
So far so good.
20220729_065714.jpg

Heading out to drop the boys at their dads, then the final round of gha removal (for now) then get things ready to load for the weekend.
Hopefully I can grab some fun pics to give @Mibu an idea of what land locked divers do when they cant go somewhere warm to play.
Those wrasses are mostly perfect - Get the flashers in first. One thing I’d watch out for is how similar Carpenteri and Mccoskeri are, I’d personally go for a Mccoskeri or Carpenteri then one from the Filamentosus type of body (Cyaneus, Filamentosus, Lineopunctatus ect) or Octotaenia’s body shape (Octotaenia, Attenuatus, Madagascan Half-Bar ect). This will split up any aggression from potentially similar looking males.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those wrasses are mostly perfect - Get the flashers in first. One thing I’d watch out for is how similar Carpenteri and Mccoskeri are, I’d personally go for a Mccoskeri or Carpenteri then one from the Filamentosus type of body (Cyaneus, Filamentosus, Lineopunctatus ect) or Octotaenia’s body shape (Octotaenia, Attenuatus, Madagascan Half-Bar ect). This will split up any aggression from potentially similar looking males.
Interesting you say this. I had both in the same tank for a time with no aggression until one jumped at feeding time and most of the shops around me carry both and always have them housed together to the point I'm constantly trying to figure out which is which.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You already convinced me to get a foxface now @Mibu gets the leopard wrasse. @tbrown has to pick something next. Everyone gets to pick a fish.
Yasha Goby and Pistol Shrimp combo!!!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yasha Goby and Pistol Shrimp combo!!!
Only concern there is digging under rock work but a shrimp goby pair may end up in the 10g office tank. It needs a fish again.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think any fish you would like to add to the list? It seems to be getting longer and longer. But that just gives me options. I appreciate all your feedback and insight as well. Very valuable to a newbie like me.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think any fish you would like to add to the list? It seems to be getting longer and longer. But that just gives me options. I appreciate all your feedback and insight as well. Very valuable to a newbie like me.
Depending on how much you’re willing to spend… Paracheilinus attenuatus would by far be my first recommendation but if it wasn’t a wrasse then it would be Hoplolatilus chlupatyi (This is slightly harder to come by and hard to get past 6 months in captivity so I’d recommend going for the easier Hoplolatilus marcosi).

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how much you’re willing to spend… Paracheilinus attenuatus would by far be my first recommendation but if it wasn’t a wrasse then it would be Hoplolatilus chlupatyi (This is slightly harder to come by and hard to get past 6 months in captivity so I’d recommend going for the easier Hoplolatilus marcosi).
Very pretty on the list, tilefish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very pretty on the list, tilefish.
Here’s my old Chlupatyi (He was with me from November 21 to March 22). Absolutely stunning fish and if I had the room, I’d try to hunt down another one.
I’d recommend going with a Marcosi first as they’re more easy and not quite as hard to get established then if you feel up for it you can always try your hand at chlupatyi.
One thing I will say is keep a VERY close eye out whenever you open the lid for anything (Feeding being the most important). Mine jumped through even the smallest gap when it was feeding time.
3C15EE2C-5131-40C6-A9C8-710F395671D7.jpeg

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220731_114706.jpg

There must be some really big fish down there to blow those kinds of bubbles. 2 more dives this morning then we called it. Best time have had in fresh water. Washing and hanging gear now. Eat shower sleep. Now I really can't wait till October.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20220731_114706.jpg

There must be some really big fish down there to blow those kinds of bubbles. 2 more dives this morning then we called it. Best time have had in fresh water. Washing and hanging gear now. Eat shower sleep. Now I really can't wait till October.
Wasn't sure if those were rocks down there or what. The fish making that mess would make for a nice video.

Back