OP
OP
ClownSchool

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously your live rock was spawning after a spring tide simulated by the previous low that occured when you took the rock out of the water.

(I have no clue, but I did have fun thinking about your situation. )
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
:)

clouds GIF
It was a COMPLETE white out; like someone poured a quart of milk into my tank. It’s cleared with time and a good water change, so I’m researching dips to prevent a repeat.
Thanks for the feedback and stay salty!

OP
OP
ClownSchool

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! If there's a giant plume emanating from your rocks due to something spawning, I'd recommend grabbing your family and running away from your house before the Kraken emerges! Maybe an expert or super long-timer knows more than me about this, but I doubt it's a spawning event. My first guess is that your rocks had a bunch of sediment in it that loosened up sitting in your tank water for a while and then further loosened up when you cleaned them. When you put them back in, the water flooded into the rocks and blew the sediment loose. Anyway, that's my guess---and I wouldn't be surprised if you saw a nutrient spike (NO3 and PO4) after a few days. One way or the other, keep monitoring the health of your inhabitants and check ammonia a couple times a day just in case the "plume" starts overloading your biofilter. If you do see an ammonia spike, do a partial water change right away and treat with Prime.
Regarding bristleworms, you'll find differing opinions about them but I think the majority of R2Rers (is that what we call ourselves?) would say they are beneficial clean up crew members (as long as they're regular bristleworms and not fireworms or, heaven forbid, bobbit worms). HTH and have fun!
The ‘eruption’ was thick and ‘creamy’ that pushed out under pressure, and within 30 seconds, looked like a quart of milk had been poured into my tank.
I’ve kept up on the water changes and rinsed out my bio filter.
Thank you for the tip on bobbit worms, I’ll look into them today. But, the bristle worms have all looked like the common pale, fleshy ones with white bristles. So, for now, I’ll keep my fingers crossed on the others and I appreciate your feedback. Hope you have a fun, as well!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back