Thought I had a Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also tossed around the idea but not sure I could do it. I had another retailer reach out and they offered a guaranteed Trident, but in all consciousness, I am not sure I could exploit. But the extra few hundred bucks would be nice towards the build.

Interesting on ebay - I just looked - the highest one sold for was 1999.95 (that poor unlucky soul on nearly the first day). the most recent 930 (yesterday). On Ebay. For me - I dont think its exploiting if there is a willing seller and a willing buyer. But - were I a buyer - there is no way I would pay anything more than MSP for a brand new product thats bound to have some glitches (every one does) at the outset. The more people that list them - the lower the price will go.....

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting on ebay - I just looked - the highest one sold for was 1999.95 (that poor unlucky soul on nearly the first day). the most recent 930 (yesterday). On Ebay. For me - I dont think its exploiting if there is a willing seller and a willing buyer. But - were I a buyer - there is no way I would pay anything more than MSP for a brand new product thats bound to have some glitches (every one does) at the outset. The more people that list them - the lower the price will go.....

I did think about saying yes to the other company and just selling it on here for cost to an individual truly looking for one, not to sell. It really sucks that the companies have sold multiple Tridents to the same person (verified).

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting both. Well maybe, who knows what will be announced by other mfrs while we wait for availability. Everything has its issues, my reefbot has been stuck in shipping in Belgium for over a week.

That sucks, hope you get it soon.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if Neptune would warranty support users who didn't purchase through an authorized reseller. I work the in the technology world, and none of them would support warranty if not purchased through the proper channels.

I'm pretty sure they require a purchase invoice, or receipt for warranty purposes.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not the highest one sold on eBay- I saw 2.5 :eek:

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did think about saying yes to the other company and just selling it on here for cost to an individual truly looking for one, not to sell. It really sucks that the companies have sold multiple Tridents to the same person (verified).

I agree when something is in demand and very limited stock it should be one per customer, that would stop allot of this.

What do most retailer care though they sold the product.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t get three! I only got one and didn’t sell it at all and don’t plan to. Unless you are talking about someone else.
I didn’t get three! I only got one and didn’t sell it at all and don’t plan to. Unless you are talking about someone else.
Lol. Just playing man.

pmkinsella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I completely understand the frustration with the behavior (or lack of preparation of their eCommerce sites) of multiple retailers, I personally hold Neptune accountable for this completely botched release. There is value in artificially inflating demand to create buzz, but this is beyond reasonable at this point. The release should have been delayed until there was sufficient stock and WIP to support an initial surge of demand. Neptune has some lessons to learn re: product quality and product launch strategy of recently released devices.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
trident.jpg

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're this upset with brs for a logically explainable, isolated incident that seemingly crushed your hopes of having a trident.....how do you feel about Neptune, who spent the last 3 years stringing us along and dangling it in front of our faces??

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're this upset with brs for a logically explainable, isolated incident that seemingly crushed your hopes of having a trident.....how do you feel about Neptune, who spent the last 3 years stringing us along and dangling it in front of our faces??

But did you give them money and did you get a confirmation number in return.

But really, were beating a dead horse here.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
But did you give them money and did you get a confirmation number in return.

But really, were beating a dead horse here.

I try not to get angry about anything related to reefing bc I chose the hobby as something I spend my free time on for fun.

BRS isn't going to--and can't--steal your money, but you know that already.

I gave Neptune my time, trust, respect, and brand loyalty, which is more than I expected to wager in this hobby, and more than I could ever lose from a e-commerce stock error.

People here have a lot of respect for BRS and probably wouldn't be in the reefer game if they ceased to exist. You unintentionally awoke the mob of BRS defenders, who will beat you and your horse to death before they let someone badmouth Mr Chili

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back