Thoughts on Dr. Reef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said in my original post....

Most of the threads I read are not happy. Most of those threads are people who received lunar wrasse's instead of a melanarus, which was explain why from @Dr. Reef .

Whether that means people only come to post threads to complain is a different matter, it's just what I read.

After reading this thread and hearing from @Dr. Reef , I would 100% buy fish from them.
Thanks for clarifying.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The old saying is if your unhappy you will tell 10 people and if your happy youll tell 2 . This is somewhat true I believe. Ive purchased from Dr Reef a few times (just got a order 2 weeks ago) if there were issues they were addressed right away. Cant ask for anything more than that.

Gribbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question for DrReef ...
Why do you lock down your website so much? Your fish descriptions don't offer much info, so my natural instinct is to double-click the fish name so I can search Google for it. But your website locks down the ability to do that.

Whyyyyy??????? It's rare that I encounter a website that uses this functionality and it's not like the info is super secret.... ?

It may sound silly but I apparently use it so often that it's cemented itself in my memory

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you lock down your website so much? Your fish descriptions don't offer much info, so my natural instinct is to double-click the fish name so I can search Google for it. But your website locks down the ability to do that.

Whyyyyy??????? It's rare that I encounter a website that uses this functionality and it's not like the info is super secret.... ?

It may sound silly but I apparently use it so often that it's cemented itself in my memory
Ok yeah thats my only complaint about Dr Reef. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Lol. You can’t double click on anything to copy and paste.:thinking-face:

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone posted bad experience prior to post #32, I am offering $200 in livestock with free shipping.
Email us at [email protected] with your post # from this thread and we will happily give you livestock worth $200 and free shipping just as a gesture of good faith and honest business practices, Maybe we had a bad shipment. Please mention in your email what went wrong so we can fix and and give you a better service/livestock that you deserve.

As I always say, I dont do this for money but rather the passion I have for this hobby. Like to see healthy and diseasefree fish in every tank.
Just read through the whole thread.
Um... what about the guys who gave you RAVE reviews ,,,your hooking up the complainers !!! LOL
Just kidding :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

To the OP here is a post in vendor feedback I left back in Nov. My latest order I was also very satisfied but I havent left feedback for him yet. I will im just lazy :p

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s a good point. It would definitely be cooler if the website had more of a description on the fish as well as size options perhaps.

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um... what about the guys who gave you RAVE reviews ,,,your hooking up the complainers !!! LOL

To the OP here is a post in vendor feedback I left back in Nov. My latest order I was also very satisfied but I havent left feedback for him yet. I will im just lazy :p
Ahaha I’m with you!

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I like to thank everyone that posted here. Good or bad its always a learning experience for me. I learnt a few things listening to you guys and isuues you may have brought up and we are in process of fixing that.

1. Regarding bags and corners etc, we have 1 year worth of supply currently on hand. After we run out, I have talked to the manufacturer and we will move to square bottom bags on our next shipment. so that will solve the issue of fish getting stuck in corners. Meanwhile we will try to tape or double bag in a way that it doesnt happen.

2. Taking too long to recieve fish: Yes as you know my name is on the line here. so we do hold back somehting we see thats not right and many have mentioned that here. You guys are paying me for a service and I want to make sure you get what you are paying for. So if fish does not pass final inspection we dont ship. We dont charge you for shipping it out later either. If you dont want it we will refund it or credit it.

3. Packing: we have been told over and over again and here as well packing is good. There are a few comments that said packing was not good. If you can give us details we will better ourselves.

4. Website lock: Few months back our website was hijacked. If you were to type www.drrreefsquarantinedfish.com it took you to a totally different website unrelated to ours nor even a fish site. so dev team put a lock. I have asked them to beef up the security somewhere else and unlock the pages.

Please le tme know what else you guys will like to see happen and I promise you we will work on it. After all its you guys that gave me this business and oppurtunity so I respect each and every one of you.

Last edited:

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

for you my friend I will honor the 20% and give you free fish :)

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for you my friend I will honor the 20% and give you free fish :)
You sir are awesome !
Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering how the QT fish were from Dr. Reef. I'm trying to get a Midas Blenny and Royal Gramma, I just want to make sure the general consensus is that they're healthy fish upon arrival. I know he only does 2 weeks of QT and that has me skeptical.
He is very smart and seems like a great guy. That said I have zero good to say as far as fish sent with disease, not shipping fish, DOA, and a lot of promises. That was few years back and things might be different. I have seen some nice fish from him but unreliable.

I highly recommend TSM Aquatics, fisHotel.
Marine collectors is another one.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is very smart and seems like a great guy. That said I have zero good to say as far as fish sent with disease, not shipping fish, DOA, and a lot of promises. That was few years back and things might be different. I have seen some nice fish from him but unreliable.

Its very easy to come to socal media and say whatever you want to say, but do you have any proof of anything that was promised and not fulfilled?

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

People should be thankful we dont just ship the fish to make a quick buck. We do final inspection and if it doesnt pass we dont ship. At that point you have a choice to get refund or wait for it to be better or wait for a different batch. In any case we DO NOT charge you additional shipping. we pay out of pocket, why do you think we do that? we like to lose money on shipping and packing materials? No, because we love doing whats best for fish and your money.
Doa: you think we like to send dead fish? so we have to eat the cost of the fish and resend again using more money to satisfy a customer. I am not sure if using double of the money is a good business practice.
Unreliable: In fact is THE most reliable service because you know if it doesnt pass inspection it wont ship

if all this is a hassle to you then problem is at customers end not our. Reason: you are paying for a fish that needs to be healthy and disease free and we are doing just that by holding and making sure. if you need fish now Dr Reef is not your place.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back