Tinkerman's 125

tinkerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So first off tank equipment, right now it has 4x 39w t5ho 65k, 2x96w cf, odno atinic 40wand 20w. Skimmer is a octopus nw110. Return is a rio 3100+ pump, 33 gal long sump with 2x20w nofl. I have 2 maxi jet 1200's with mods running the 2100 gph prop. Have a 10 gal for kalk water with a ac70 for stirring and aqualifter. I have about 130 lbs sand and 30 lbs in sump, lr is about 140lbs, 80 of it is base rock. Tank was started in early march. Drained and drilled tank on 5-1-09 for a beananimal overflow as the hob scared me. Ok for live stock I have 4 green chromis, 1 true perc clown, 1 falco hawkfish, 1 diomond sleeper goby, 1 lawnmower blenny, a decorater crab, 12 turbo's, 6 astria's, 2 crown top's, and a couple nerite's. well for now thats it will post some pics in a moment.

Drilled tank.

After drilling.

pic from aug 09

A nem that went into a maxi jet mod pump and lived.

OP
OP
T

tinkerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought 3x 250 watt se halides from catalina aquaria. This was in oct of 09.

In dec of 09 got my first radium bulb. Tried a ats. Got a clown tang that I really liked.

Tank went throw a fully colored stage. Had , left to right bulbs, Radium, 20k reefgrow, 15k reefgrow.

In dec of 09 I got this birds nest. And still have it today.

In Feb of 2010 got a new skimmer, reef octopus sro 2000xp. Pic of tank in feb of 10.

OP
OP
T

tinkerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In april of 10 I added 2 brs dosing pumps and removed halides to replace them with a 6 bulb t5ho retro with icecap 660's.
In dec od 10 made a new stand and have acid washed and bleached all rock. had some issues with flat worms and aptasia. Got glass to make a internal weir and external overflow box. Ended up dropping in my rkl in th tank reinstalling it, stupid me.

OP
OP
T

tinkerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank in jan of 2011.

New external overflow box.

In feb sold the t5ho's and got 3 reefflex cube hqi 250 watt ballasts, 3 lumen bright mini's, and added back in the 3 radiums I had from running halides from before. A pic of the tank with the moon lights, 6 9 bulb strips of leds for cars.

I had picked up a 40 breeder when I had acid washed the rock to keep all the fish and corals in till the tank cycled, that the gf has now for her own reef. Pic of tank as of a couple weeks ago.

I have recently had to deal with acro red bugs, and set up a 10 gal hospital tank with 12 cree led's, 8 rb and 4 white for incoming corals. So tank specs to date are 3x 250 watt reefflex cube hqi ballasts, lumen bright reflecter, radium bulbs, qo 4000 return, 2 karalia mag 6's, rkl,2x 250 watt heaters, brs gfo reacter that has been modded, beananimal overflow, reef ocotpus sro 200xp skimmer, 2 brs dosing pumps, ato, jbj wavemaker timmer. Fish are 1 Desjardini sailfin tang, 1 carpenter wrasse, 1 Lyretail Anthias, 2 pink skunk clowns, 2 yellowheaded sleeper goby's, and 2 chaulk bass. Sorry if some stuff was missed or placed out of order Thanks for reading.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a nice progression. I like that wood stand you did. It's amazing how delicate anemones can be on one hand, yet they can survive something like what yours did!

CJ

Back