To offten water changes

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there such thing as two offten water changes? I have a 29 gallon AIO tank and the back holds about 5 gallons. With all the rock I would say I have about 25-26 gallons. Is a 5 gallon water change weekly to much for the tank. I have been working alot untill I got laid off 2 days ago and I was not keeping up with the tank at all. Everything is living but nothing is growing or happy. I mean the green button polyps have not popped out a new baby in probably 2 months and they use to grow like weeds. But should I do weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally 20% a month wc is good. If you are not running a skimmer and want to keep lps and especially sps, then changing more water is a good idea. Go slowly if doing a large change.

ucantmakeme

Green Tips save lives
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 20T right now and i do a 1g change every other day... plus i have no skimmer. I have no problems.

I think it is perfectly fine to do frequent water changes as long as they arent to large all at one time.

stedfast82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i do a 5 gal water change every other day on my 110 gal 40 gal sump but i have been low on salt so ive have to take that back but i will go back to that asap going to go get 6 5 gal bucket's mon or tue then it's on

hounddog01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure the parmaters of the water change water is the same as the tank then you can change as much and as often as you would like

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back