To scrape or not to scrape?

Scrape Coraline Off Back Glass?

  • Yes

    Votes: 28 59.6%
  • No

    Votes: 19 40.4%

  • Total voters
    47
Scrape for sure, it looks sooooo much nicer. I've tried both ways, and the natural way looks dirty. Also, you can get some good reflections sometimes off the back glass, if it is clean.
 
I'd say if your gonna scrape it, scrape it soon cause the more it grows on the back glass the more tough its going to be to scrape it. Mine is pretty caked on and i've been tossing up the idea of scraping it.. but alas i dunno how i feel about trying it yet lol. Alteast i keep the other glass scrapped.
 
I'd say if your gonna scrape it, scrape it soon cause the more it grows on the back glass the more tough its going to be to scrape it. Mine is pretty caked on and i've been tossing up the idea of scraping it.. but alas i dunno how i feel about trying it yet lol. Alteast i keep the other glass scrapped.

Should be easy with a flat blade. I've actually used a razor blade scraper on my tank before, it does wonders. Takes anything off in no time.
 
Scrape it, also make it part of your maintenance routine to do it everytime. You will thank me later for this advice!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new