OP
J

jschrecongost

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! I am confident enough to run it in the display, and I will make sure to aerate the tank by running the skimmer without the cup and adding an additional small powerhead aimed at the surface. I will begin the treatment tomorrow and will follow all of the instructions on the label. I will let you know how everything goes and hopefully I can keep all three fish alive and healthy.

Thanks,
Josh

OP
OP
J

jschrecongost

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jay,

Just wanted to update you on the Prazipro treatment. I am about to complete the final dose, and the Foxface and Wrasse are doing great! Look perfectly healthy! The corals are all doing fine too. Unfortunately the starry blenny didn't make it, though it died right before I began treatment. The fish are acting normal, and tomorrow I will do a water change, add carbon, and start skimming, concluding the treatment. Thank you so much for your help!

OP
OP
J

jschrecongost

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jay,

I just finished treatment a little over a week ago, but I believe I see what is a fluke on the side of the Foxface. Is it possible for flukes to survive the two prazipro treatments, and if so, should I begin a new treatment ASAP?

Thanks,
Josh

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jay,

I just finished treatment a little over a week ago, but I believe I see what is a fluke on the side of the Foxface. Is it possible for flukes to survive the two prazipro treatments, and if so, should I begin a new treatment ASAP?

Thanks,
Josh
Yes - Prazi does not always break the life cycle of egg laying flukes. However, flukes are virtually invisible on fish, you can see evidence of the damage that they do, but unless they are on the fish's eye, you won't see the actual fluke.
Also, while the prazi won't kill fluke eggs, it will cause all of the adult flukes to drop off. Seeing an adult fluke on a fish dosed with prazi just a week ago is also unlikely.

I don't suppose it is something you can get a picture of?

Jay

OP
OP
J

jschrecongost

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the best pic I could get. It looks like a small air bubble near the middle bottom of the fish. You can see it just above where the anal fin starts. It has been there for about two days so I assumed that it was a fluke. Otherwise, he is acting completely normally and is eating very well.

Thanks,
Josh

Attachments

• F4E37637-5190-4141-A9C9-F7CE2F3B90F7.jpeg
    F4E37637-5190-4141-A9C9-F7CE2F3B90F7.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 42

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the best pic I could get. It looks like a small air bubble near the middle bottom of the fish. You can see it just above where the anal fin starts. It has been there for about two days so I assumed that it was a fluke. Otherwise, he is acting completely normally and is eating very well.

Thanks,
Josh
Yes I can see a vague spot. I don't think that is a fluke, or even skin damage from where a fluke is. More likely a minor injury. It bears watch8ing of course, but I don't see any compelling reason to treat for flukes just yet.

Jay

OP
OP
J

jschrecongost

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! I will monitor the spot and hopefully it will go away soon. That is great news that it is likely not a fluke issue, as I really hope I have gotten past that. I am hoping to add some fish to a QT tank within the next month or so and then add them slowly to the display and get the fish population back up.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back