Transition from Triton Other Methods to Aquaforest

Discussion in 'Reef Chemistry by Randy Holmes-Farley' started by Peter K, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Peter K

Peter K Active Member

Hi all,

So I am properly sick of not being able to purchase Triton additives because they are always out of stock and having two sets of milk jugs leak in the boxes when I receive them is not making me very loyal at this point. I currently do not follow the "triton" method but us their other methods for ca/alk/mg and trace elements. My tank is mixed but is probably 50% sps, do you think there would be a large shock from switching from triton additives to aquaforest additives flat out or should I transition over a period of a week or so? Thanks in advanced!

2. Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley Reef Chemist Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Expert Contributor

If you alter the dose as needed to maintain alk, I would not expect any shock at all.

Peter K likes this.
  3. Peter K

Peter K Active Member

Awesome that's what I was hoping, that would be the only thing I would be changing; my filtration and carbon dosing etc. would all remain the same. I'm happy with vinegar dosing (courtesy of your posts/articles), water changes, and my refugium so I wouldn't be doing the probiotic method of AF. Thanks Randy

4. Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley Reef Chemist Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Expert Contributor

You're welcome.

Good luck and let us know how the transition goes. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted